|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The King Frederick Airfield is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was the official air port of Knothole and New Mobotropolis, and was named for the late Frederick Acorn. It served as the primary landing and launch point for Tails' Tornado and the Freedom Fighter Special, as well as the hangar for both vehicles.
Originally built in Knothole City, the King Frederick Airfield was later recreated in New Mobotropolis following the destruction of the previous city. During the crisis caused by the fourth Enerjak, the airfield was the site of a scuffle between the Royal Army and the Chaotix, who stormed the airfield in an attempt to secure a craft that would take them to Angel Island. Fortunately, Sonic the Hedgehog and Sally Acorn were able to halt the group, and no serious harm resulted to either the airfield or its personnel. The hangar was also where Tails would perform maintenance on the Tornado, as he did following Antoine D'Coolette's near death at the hands of Metal Sonic.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #179, "Data-File: King Frederick Airfield"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "New Mobotropolis"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Freedom Fighter Vehicles"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #134, "Home: Epilogue Say You Will"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #176, "Cracking the Empire"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #180, "Preparations For War"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #235, "Remember the Fallen"