|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
King O'Hedge is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is the father of Robert O'Hedge, and his predecessor as ruler of the Kingdom of Mercia.
King O'Hedge's family had ruled Mercia for generations, ever since Sebastian Acorn helped resolve a power struggle in the land in their favor. His rule was known to have had sad effects on the family of Mighty the Armadillo and Matilda the Armadillo, whose parents he had imprisoned for thievery. King O'Hedge also decreed Mighty's banishment after the latter's attempt to free his parents. Sadly, one of the king's own advisers, Mordred Hood, despised the king and his family, and eventually joined the Eggman Empire as Grandmaster of the Mercia Dark Egg Legion. The kingdom fell during the reign of the original Dr. Robotnik, and the crown passed to O'Hedge's son Robert, with his own fate remaining unknown.
- As he appeared only in flashback sequences, King O'Hedge's first name is unknown, and will presumably remain so due to the apparent removal of various characters involved in a copyright dispute between Ken Penders and Sega and Archie Comics.
- As King O'Hedge's son Rob is known to have a counterpart from Moebius who had a brother, it is possible that King O'Hedge had multiple children-however, none were known to exist on Mobius.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Acorn Linage".
- ↑ Sonic Universe #46, "All for One Part One: Picking Up the Trail!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "The Dark Egg Legion"