King Solomon (ソロモン王 Soromon-ō?) is a character that appears in Sonic and the Secret Rings. He is one of the kings in the world of the Arabian Nights and apparently the one who sealed away creatures like the Ifrit Golem in ancient times.
After Erazor had served his sentence, he sent the 40 Thieves and other spirits to kill Solomon, whom was threat to his plans. Solomon survived, but his body got scattered throughout his castle. When Sonic and Shahra arrived, he had them recover his body and eliminate the Forty Thieves in return for advice on how to defeat Erazor. He was especially intrigued by Sonic, whom he could tell had been cursed. After being restored, Solomon told Sonic and Shahra of how to unlock Erazor's palace. Though Sonic assured he would take care of Erazor as he and Shahra left, Solomon remained concerned as he could sense "death approaching."
- King Solomon is similar to the Jewish King, Solomon in three ways:
- His name is based on the King of the same name.
- He has hair locks on his sideburns, which is a cultural attribute to certain branches of Judaism.
- His concept art reveals a six-point star on his clothing, another symbolic attribute to Judaism.
- Solomon is the only character in Sonic and the Secret Rings that is neither a genie or an alternate version of a person from Sonic's world.