Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Kirby was a Mobian Great Dane who was renowned as a master storyteller.
Kirby was a writer and artist whose stories, such as The D-Man, became the greatest legends of the Mobian people. Kirby intended for his stories to be read by everyone. He was the grandfather of Jeremiah.
Kirby mysteriously vanished during the Great War between the Mobians and the Overlanders. King Acorn feared that he had been captured by the Overlanders, and assigned a team to find out what had happened to him. The team was formed of Jules Hedgehog, Bernadette Hedgehog, Sir Charles Hedgehog, Amadeus Prower and Sherman Walrus. After receiving a lead that Kirby had been taken to the Overlander city, the team intercepted an Overlander, but Jules was mortally wounded during the pursuit and the mission was aborted.
A complete collection of Kirby's work was donated to the Mobotropolis Library, and a biography of his life was written by Marcus the Owl. Kirby's works were protected throughout Robotnik's tyrannical rule by his grandson Jeremiah. They were discovered by Amy Rose and Dulcy, and subsequently it was agreed that the books had to be preserved.
Tales of the Great War
Stories included in this work included:
- Alexander uniting the Mobian tribes into the Kingdom of Acorn;
- the accidental shooting of Prince Emerson by Paladin, and King Theodore's subsequent decree forbidding both contact with Overlanders and the use of guns;
- the plan of a pair of scouts—one Overlander and one Mobian—to deceive their own people into thinking that war would be futile, and the scouts' capture and execution by Kodos; and
- the bombardment of Mobotropolis by Colin Kintobor's forces and the Mobian's counter-attack using the sewer system, during which Amadeus Prower lost an eye, resulting in Robotnik being made Warlord.
- The name Kirby is a nod to the late Jack Kirby (August 28, 1917 – February 6, 1994), one of the most influential artists, writers and editors in the history of comics. Kirby co-created such enduring titles/characters as The Hulk, X-Men and the Fantastic Four.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog #71, Jeremiah claims that Kirby was working on his history up until Robotnik seized power, however in Sonic the Hedgehog #77, it is instead claimed that he disappeared during the Great War, before Robotnik took control.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sonic the Hedgehog #65, "The Library"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Sonic the Hedgehog #71, "In the Beginning..."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #73, "Tales of the Great War, Part 2: The Big Bad One"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Sonic the Hedgehog #76, "Tales of the Great War, Part 4: Another Point-of-View"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #77, "Tales of the Great War, Part 5: For Better or Worse..."
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #72, "Tales of the Great War, Part 1: The Shot Heard Round the World!"