|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the SatAM continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Knothole Freedom Fighters are the main protagonists of the Sonic the Hedgehog television series. They are one of the first Freedom Fighters groups to be formed, based and operating out of Knothole Village, and, like other groups, were opposed to the tyranny of Mobius' former despot Dr. Robotnik, and as such spent over a decade fighting his reign via guerrilla warfare and sabotage.
The original members of the Knothole Freedom Fighters, Sonic, Princess Sally, Rotor, Bunnie and Antoine, were children evacuated to the hidden village of Knothole in the Great Forest following the fall of Mobotropolis to Dr. Robotnik in 3224. There, the children formed the Knothole Freedom Fighters with themselves as the teams' main core, all in the name of their primary objective: to defeat Robotnik forever and restore peace to Mobius. For most of their career however, the Knothole Freedom Fighters believed they were the only Freedom Fighter cell, oblivious to the existence of the other groups around Mobius.
Despite being only a small band, with time, the group would stand out among the rest as a major force to be reckoned with. Their members, led by Sonic and Sally, quickly gained experience and intelligence with time, performing many operations against Robotnik; launching guerrilla tactics, sabotaging supply lines, destroying factories, interfering with his projects etc., effectively doing anything to hamper and/or ruin Robotnik's plans.
While achieving many victories, the group never had any major breakthroughs in the war with Robotnik. Along the way, they would also experience their own fair shares of defeats, as well as losses of allies and loved ones.
Around 3235, the Knothole Freedom Fighters learned of the other Freedom Fighter groups from Ari. Establishing a Freedom Fighter network, the Knothole Freedom Fighters joined the other groups, getting along well with them, in preparation for Robotnik's Doomsday Project. When the Doomsday Project began, the Knothole Freedom Fighters seemingly succeeded in their mission when Sonic and Sally, with the aid of their allies, destroyed Robotnik and his Doomsday Machine.
The Knothole Freedom Fighters use guerrilla tactics as they do not have the numbers or the resources for a proper army.
- ↑ Hurst, Ben (29 October 1994). "The Void". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 2. Episode 21. ABC.
- ↑ Hurst, Ben (1 October 1994). "Blast to the Past, Part 1". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 2. Episode 17. ABC.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hurst, Ben (8 October 1994). "Blast to the Past, Part 2". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 2. Episode 18. ABC.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Allee, Pat; Hurst, Ben (10 September 1994). "Game Guy". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 2. Episode 15. ABC.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Janson, Len (18 September 1993). "Sonic Boom". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 1. ABC.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Janson, Len (23 October 1993). "Sonic Racer". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 6. ABC.
- ↑ Villaire, David (6 November 1993). "Harmonic Sonic". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 8. ABC.
- ↑ Santopadre, Frank (13 November 1993). "Harmonic Sonic". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 9. ABC.
- ↑ Allee, Pat (12 November 1994). "Cry of the Wolf". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 2. Episode 23. ABC.
- ↑ Hurst, Ben (3 December 1994). "The Doomsday Project". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 2. Episode 26. ABC.