|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this location before the Super Genesis Wave, see Knothole Village (Pre-Super Genesis Wave). For other uses of the term, see Knothole (disambiguation).
Knothole Village is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a village of the Kingdom of Acorn hidden deep within the Wood Zone on Westside Island. It was the refuge of the Freedom Fighters during the Eggman Invasion.
Home to the Freedom Fighters
When Dr. Eggman invaded Mobotropolis, banishing King Acorn and Walter Naugus into the Special Zone, the kids of the city, including Sally, Antoine and a severely injured Bunnie were rescued by Rosie and Chuck and taken here. Rotor came later, wanting to come in Mobotropolis, the "greatest city in the world", but only finding the city invaded by Dr. Eggman's forces. The village became the children's main base of operation when, inspired by Sonic's heroism, Sally formed the Freedom Fighters.
The Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where Knothole Village's original timeline ended.
Before the world shattered, Uncle Chuck was staying in the village studying the seismic tremors that had been occurring across the planet, as well as the mysterious purple gas leaking from the cracks in the earth, with the aid of his assistant Ben Muttski, and with Antoine on guard. Sonic and Tails, their memories of the old timeline intact, came to the village in their mission to gather the Freedom Fighters. After admiring the beauty of their formerly fallen childhood home, and a happy reunion, Antoine regained his memories of the old timeline.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man X Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Sally–The Exiled Leader"
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #8, "Sonic Comic Origins - Little Lost Soldier"
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #9, "Sonic Comic Origins - The Belle in the Machine"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man X Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Rotor–The Exiled Inventor"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #254, "Countdown to Chaos Part Two: The Soldier"