Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Kragok was the Grandmaster of the Dark Legion for many years, assuming command upon the mysterious disappearance of his father Luger. Both tactful and vicious, Kragok posed a serious threat to Knuckles the Echidna and the Brotherhood of Guardians during his leadership of the Dark Legion. When the Great Dimitri returned in the form of Enerjak, Kragok immediately turned over command to the Chaos-demigod, who was the inspiration for the Dark Legion's founding. Kragok found himself forced back into the Twilight Zone by the Guardian Tobor where the two fought for a prolonged period of time. When the two re-emerged, Tobor hurled them both into the Dark Legion Battle Cruiser, resulting in both of their deaths.
Born the only son of Grandmaster Luger, Kragok is the twin brother of Lien-Da. The two were still young when their mother, Merin-Da, died of unknown causes first known to exist during an aborted return to Angel Island by the Legion. Soon Kragok found his family intruded upon by his father's second wife, Mari-Su, who soon gave birth to his half-sister Julie-Su. Impatient with his father's reserved and cautious style of rule, not to mention regarding him with contempt for marrying Mari-Su, Kragok and his sister arranged to have Mari-Su killed. Luger disappeared soon afterwards, and many suspected Kragok and Lien-Da of being involved. Regardless, no complaints were made as Kragok took over as Grandmaster of the Dark Legion with Lien-Da as his second-in-command. Following this, Lien-Da and Kragok had Julie-Su's Memory Neutralizing Chip activated, erasing any memories she had. From that point on, Kragok claimed that his grandfather Moritori Rex was in fact his father. Kragok himself also became a father at some point, entering into a relationship with an unknown female Echidna and thus producing a son, Remington, who would wind up living in Echidnaopolis and becoming a Constable in the Echidna Security Team.
Grandmaster and Enerjak Loyalist
After a number of years spent preparing for the Dark Legion's next escape from the Twilight Zone, Kragok emerged with his forces to retake Angel Island. However, they ran into opposition in the form of the newest Guardian, Knuckles the Echidna, and his allies in the Chaotix. Capturing Knuckles, Kragok briefly thought his victory achieved, until Knuckles confronted him yet again and forced Kragok and his forces to abandon their newest base.
Despite this set back, Kragok remained determined, ordering that a statue of the great Dimitri be erected to inspire his men. The last thing Kragok anticipated was the return of Dimitri himself-still in the form of Enerjak-to Angel Island after his brief exile in space. Surrendering control of the Legion to his ancestor, Kragok followed Enerjak faithfully in his attack on Echidnaopolis and the Echidnas and Dingoes defending it.
However, Kragok was betrayed during the battle by Julie-Su. Just after Enerjak was spirited away by Mammoth Mogul, Julie-Su she crashed their hover craft and handed him into the custody of the Echidna Security Team.
Imprisonment and Death
Kragok was incarcerated in Echidnaopolis, and remained in prison for some time until Knuckles came to him seeking answers about the return of Tobor and his being impersonated by Moritori Rex. Kragok hinted at a long-running and intricate Legion plot before attacking Knuckles, both of them then being drawn through a portal into the Twilight Zone. Fighting briefly, they then escaped through another portal, but Tobor intervened and pulled Kragok into it with him, imprisoning them both.
Later, when the Dark Legion fired the Quantum Beam for the second time, Tobor was released and became determined to stop the weapon despite not knowing its effects. Kragok attempted to stop him, but the Guardian responded by grabbing his enemy and ramming them both into the weapon, ending their lives and destroying the Quantum Beam.
Kragok's legacy would live on, however, as an amnesia-addled Remington would later learn of his heritage from Dr. Finitevus, who gave him implants that resembled Kragok's own. Remington's emulation of his father ended when a new Enerjak restored him to his fully organic state with his memories returned to normal.
Kragok was violent, brutal, and patriotic to a fault. He enjoyed nothing more than crushing his enemies, unless it was faithfully serving the Dark Legion cause. Arrogant and overconfident, he only showed fear in the presence of Dimitri, when threatened with imprisonment in the Twilight Zone, or when death was imminent. Unlike his more reserved father, he was fully supportive of all out conflict against the other Echidnas, and felt confident in the Legion's "destiny" of world domination. He will also betray his father and even his own sister to get want he wants and gain more power.
- A sketch of Kragok and Lien-Da as kids by Patrick Spaziante was provided in Sonic the Hedgehog #115.
- In a Q&A, writer Ian Flynn said this about Kragok and Lien-Da when asked about the kind of relationship the two had: "I think their relationship was the closest to honest love they felt for anyone, and I mean that in the fraternal way. I think they came to rely and trust in one another when Luger re-married and sired Julie-Su. Once they began their swift rise to power I think they became the only people they truly trusted, and even then I think there was a seed of doubt - or at least a presumption that the other wouldn't hesitate to seize control if one of them faltered. In terms of your quote, I think Lien-Da feared that an indebtedness to the Guardians would show just such a weakness."
- Though he was of course deceased by the time of events in both possible future timelines shown in Light Mobius, Kragok was mentioned by Lien-Da (Light Mobius), remembering that the two of them apparently acted quite civilly towards one another.
- Ian Flynn stated that Kragok is a character he would like to bring back into the story. However, given Ian's "dead-is-dead" policy on characters in the comic and Ken Penders' lawsuit, it will likely never happen.
- ↑ Kragok's age was calculated using the ages provided in Sonic Super Special #11 and Julie-Su's SEGA data file. In the former, it stated Kragok and Lien-Da were seventeen when Julie-Su was born. In the latter, Julie-Su's year of birth was stated as 3221, making Kragok's year of birth 3204.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (11 November 2007). Ask Ian for November '07 - Is it "Enerjaknuckles?". BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 21 April 2015.