|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Well, I've always loved comedy.
— Kyle the Gorilla, Sonic Boom #11
Kyle the Gorilla is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom comic series. He is an anthropomorphic gorilla ordered by Dr. Eggman to be his new henchman, but with Sonic's aid found a more appropriate profession.
Kyle is a large anthropomorphic gorilla, standing even taller than Dr. Eggman, with brown fur, blue eyes, and peach skin. He is very muscular around the torso, arms and neck, and has fur everywhere, except on his front torso, hands, and face. He especially has large hair tuffs on his forehead and chins. However, his feet have no toes. For attire, he wears yellow sandals and green shorts with yellow leaf symbols.
Kyle was purchased by Dr. Eggman, who needed a new henchman to deal with Team Sonic. After two days in a crate, Kyle arrived at Eggman's lair, but when Eggman gave him orders, Kyle flipped out over his captivity and beat Eggman until he fled. When Sonic arrived, Kyle explained himself and was allowed to stay at Sonic's Shack than with Eggman. When Kyle proved too hard to live with though, Sonic had him look for a job. However, Kyle could not keep any of his jobs until Sonic got him one as an actor on the Comedy Chimp Show, where his clumsiness fit perfectly into the comedy segments. Kyle would later visit Sonic where he got to try a new bit on him, which was smashing a pie in Sonic's face.
Kyle is a relaxed and good-hearted person, but also extremely clumsy. Coupled with his size, he usually ends up destroying everything around him as a result. Nevertheless, he is quick to apologize and acknowledge his mistakes. When flipping out though, Kyle becomes extremely aggressive and destructive, entering a berserker-like rage where he attacks everyone and everything around him.
While Kyle does nothing but mooch outside the labor market, he gladly handles any profession with unwavering enthusiasm. The results of his clumsiness and bad luck initially left him with a lack of self-confidence, but after finding his right profession, he became much more cheerful and happy.
Powers and abilities
Kyle has fairly high physical strength as he could swing Eggman around by his feet without effort.
- "Oh. Hey, man. Sorry about the mess..."
- —Kyle apologizing for trashing Eggman's lair in a fit of rage, Sonic Boom #11
- "Dude, I'm an internet purchase... This was supposed to be my home."
- —Kyle stating his purpose, Sonic Boom #11
- "Ow! My bad, dude."
- —Kyle's apology when he accidently smashes something, Sonic Boom #11
- "Man, I'm no good at anything."
- —Kyle after failing several jobs, Sonic Boom #11
- "My bad. Down to chill?"
- —Kyle asking Sonic to hang out with him after waking him from his nap, Sonic Boom #11
- Kyle is the first―and only due to the series' cancellation―case of an organic Sonic Boom character exclusive to the Sonic Boom comic series.
- Kyle's feet closely resembles those of the main cast in the Sonic the Hedgehog video games, whose feet also lack toes.