|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
— Lady Walrus, "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots"
Lady Walrus is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. She is an anthropomorphic dowager walrus and aristocrat who resides on Seaside Island. She is also a board member of the Archipelago Homeowners Association.
Lady Walrus is a humanoid and somewhat heavily build walrus, almost a head taller than Sticks. She has violet fur with a single hair curl on her forehead and a large bust and belly. She also has peach skin on her wide muzzle and around her eyes, small tusks, a black snout and purple eyes. Her attire consist of a grayish-blue dress with a brown waist string with pearls, white cuff-less gloves and high-heeled shoes, a necklace with white and pink jewels resembling pearls, a gold bracelet and a small white hair bun cover. For more formal attire, she wears a more vibrantly-colored version of her dress and jewels, a green waist string, light blue high-heeled shoes, and purple eye shadow.
In the Archie Comics, Lady Walrus' dress is yellow and her muzzle is more peach in color. Also, her hair curl is white and her eyes mistakenly fluctuates between green and yellow.
When Anti-fire Bot attacked, Lady Walrus' baby was nearly put into a burning house by the evil machine. Fortunately, Sonic came to the rescue, and Lady Walrus was happily reunited with her child. Then, when the Awardy Awards were being held, Lady Walrus attended the gala. There, she did not take kindly to Sticks' blunt praise. At the height of the evening, Lady Walrus and the rest were attacked by Dr. Eggman's robots when the doctor did not get the award. Team Sonic soon beat Eggman though, and Lady Walrus returned to the gala. As the days went by, Lady Walrus would find time to visit Meh Burger with her oldest son, talk around the Village where she would begrudgingly listen to Orbot and Cubot's terrible street performance, and pay a visit to T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders.
Lady Walrus later joined the jury to monitor the trial between Sonic and Eggman, the latter suing Sonic for hurting him. When Lady Walrus and the jurors had deliberated and reached a verdict though, Eggman was revealed to be fine, rendering their decision moot. As she later visited the Village, Lady Walrus found Eggman selling his own tomato sauce, which Sonic unwillingly proved was not poisoned to Lady Walrus and the villagers (although it was still part of an evil scheme). During her other visits in the Village, Lady Walrus would be exposed to a painful noise caused by Eggman when Sonic passed through and visit Meh Burger again. She and the other villagers were later attacked by Eggman's rampaging robots, deployed by the Lightning Bolt Society, but both Team Sonic and Eggman ended up saving them.
When later at Meh Burger for food, Lady Walrus got caught in the Battle of the Buns between Chez Amy and Meh Burger. Over the next period, she regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Not long after, Lady Walrus met Swifty the Shrew in the village and took a liking to the hip shrew, especially after he saved her baby from another mortal peril. Lady Walrus thus rooted for Shifty in his race against Sonic, who lost to the shrew and got banished from the Village in accordance to the law. However, Lady Walrus was betrayed by Swifty when Eggman revealed he was his robot agent. As Swifty copies tore the Village down, Sonic came to Lady Walrus and the villagers' rescue after being brought back, and got rid of Eggman's forces.
Lady Walrus eventually made her way to the yard sale at Sticks' Burrow where she purchased a "stump-helmet" from Amy despite protests from Sticks. When Knuckles then served as deputy mayor, Lady Walrus got him to approve the construction of a moving sidewalk for the Village. However, when it broke down, she refused to walk since her taxes had paid for it. A few days after being at Meh Burger with her oldest son, Lady Walrus came to the premiere of Eggman's movie at Eggman's lair. During the movie though, Lady Walrus learned it was meant to enslave the audience with hypnotism, but had failed due to an error on Eggman's part. Lady Walrus and the audience thus left.
While at Meh Burger, Lady Walrus heard Sonic call Mike the Ox "just a guy" and thought Sonic was being insensitive. Joining a mob of fellow-minded villagers, this escalated into an uproar that made Sonic retire. However, when Lady Walrus and the villagers got harassed by the Lightning Bolt Society, Lady Walrus' pleas to Sonic for help fell on deaf ears. Lady Walrus later nearly lost her children to a sheep stampede, but Sonic saved them. After he got both the stampede, Lightning Bolts and a surprise attack from Eggman under control, Lady Walrus realized she was wrong about Sonic. No sooner though, she was insulted by Willy Walrus. Another time when she visited Tails' Workshop, Lady Walrus could relate to Tails' distress over losing his beloved tools, before noticing to her shock that her eldest child was in trouble.
At New Year's Eve, Lady Walrus came to the party in the Village Center where she danced with the Walrus Male. During this, Dr. Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though Lady Walrus did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast for her to notice. When the Justin Beaver fever hit the Village, Lady Walrus got turned into a mindless Justin fan girl and consumer by Justin's mind control music. At a fan signing, Lady Walrus fainted when she got Justin's autograph, but recovered in time to buy his merchandise. Lady Walrus later came to Justin's concert where he and Dreamboat Express had a sing-off, where Lady Walrus got freed from the mind control by the latter.
When Lady Walrus took a scroll on the beach with Lady Goat, they were both charmed by Knuckles with his manliness. She later saw Tails perform a dating dance in the Village Center and had a good laugh from it, but then had to flee as Eggman's robots attacked, whom Tails stopped. Another time, Lady Walrus and her "bro" Dave the Intern came to the auditions for Bro-Down Showdown and were chosen to participate. Thanks to their good relationship and well-timed disqualifications, Lady Walrus and Dave won the grand prize, although they quickly ruined it. When Knuckles then achieved celebrity status with his trash can trend, Lady Walrus were among the villagers adoring him during his fame.
As Lady Walrus joined a tour of Eggman's lair, she saw Sonic being accused of thievery. When her jewels then got stolen by what looked like Sonic, Lady Walrus joined an angry mob at the town hall where Knuckles promised them to bring in Sonic. Lady Walrus later got her stuff back when Sonic returned them and proved it was Eggman's doing. Lady Walrus later came to the Robot Battle Royale to watch the tournament (and possibly to see her son compete), where she saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end.
While celebrating Professor Cluckins' initiation into the Archipelago Homeowners Association, Lady Walrus and her group learned from a Crab Bot that Eggman housed robots. Since it violated regulations, they threatened Eggman with eviction, who then invited them to dinner at his lair to prove he had no robots. Despite Eggman's attempts however, Lady Walrus and her group saw his robots, making Eggman imprison them until Team Sonic rescued them. Lady Walrus and her group then let Eggman go after he convinced them his robots were art, which the rules permitted. She later came to Puppy Con with her baby where she scolded Eggman for trying to trade her son's game piece with his dangerous Obliterator Bot. She soon after saw Eggman's fruitless agenda to steal her son's game piece instead.
As Lady Walrus and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's new Oliterator Bot, they were saved by Team Sonic. While this earned them the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award, Lady Warlus saw their horsing around had a bad influence on her baby and lectured them. She was thus pleased when she saw them try to be better examples. When Team Sonic put up A Rose Without Thorns, Lady Walrus came to see the play. Though she applauded the play, a storm broke out after the finale, and Lady Walrus took Sonic's offer to go to Amy's House. She soon after joined a crowd to watch a fight between Knuckles and the new supervillain Charlie, which ended in Knuckles' victory. During her next trip to the Village Center, Lady Walrus got her purse stolen by a Weasel Bandit. Crying for help, Amy and Sticks came to her aid.
In the Village Center, Lady Walrus ignored Dr. Eggman when he offered her a bridge. Later, Eggman tried to approach her, but she assume he was after her baby, and her call of distress made the other villagers beat him up.
Lady Walrus later went to the Eggtoberfest, hosted by Eggman, with her oldest child, where they discovered the rides were not working. However, the angry mob formed as a response made Eggman fix the issue. No sooner though, Lady Walrus and her child got attacked by Eggman's army when the doctor grew hostile over the villagers' dislike of him. Thankfully, Team Sonic saved Lady Walrus' child and got rid of the robots.
Lady Walrus is a woman with strong maternal instincts, showing both great affection for her children and worry about their well-being. While she may not have the best grip on child safety, she nonetheless tries to be a responsible parent and wants only the best for her children. She is also rather dignified as she is formally offended when receiving what she perceives as negative comments on her looks. Somewhat archaic, she has a preference for manly and macho men. She shows also a somewhat stubborn trait, like refusing to walk after her moving sidewalk broke down since she had paid her taxes to get this gimmick.
As a member of the Archipelago Homeowners Association, Lady Walrus is described as a "ruler lover", meaning she strictly follows and upholds regulations, and knows the rules by heart. She also appear to be somewhat of a glutton as she hoarded a whole plate of shrimp puffs for herself.
- "Well, I never!"
- —Lady Walrus, "My Fair Sticksy"
- Lady Walrus keeps her baby pictures in her purse.
- A running gag throughout the series is Lady Walrus' baby being in danger and her calling for someone to rescue it. She refers to this in "Just a Guy."
- Lady Walrus is the only reoccurring villager in the Sonic Boom television series whose standard attire varies. Bill Freiberger has explained this is because there were stories that required her to be in a different wardrobe.
- ↑ Matt Santori-Griffith (23 February 2015). Inteview: SONIC Goes BOOM with Bill Freiberger. Comicosity. Retrieved on 24 February 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (21 June 2016). Retrieved on 23 June 2016. “Mundo Sonic Boom: Lady Walrus and Walrus Male are married? / Bill Freiberger: No. Lady Walrus is an aristocrat, Walrus Male is a blue collar working stiff.”
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 November 2015). Retrieved on 18 November 2015. “Alexander Soerensen: Why does Lady Walrus have two different looks (differently-colored attire) unlike the other villagers? / Bill Freiberger: Because there were stories that required her to be in different wardrobe.”