|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Laser Hunter (レーザーハンター Rēzā Hantā?) is a character that appears in the anime series Sonic X and its comic series published by Archie Comics. It is a mass-produced robot model created and deployed by the military organization Guardian Units of the Nations following the Perfect Chaos incident.
The Laser Hunters are large blue, white, yellow, red and black humanoid robots with a top-heavy upper torso, standing 3.5 meters tall and 2.5 meters wide. They have a flat head with no neck, a single white eye, and a drop-shaped blue cap covering it. On their torso they have red and blue chest plating with the number "02" on the left side and GUN's symbol on the right. They also have legs with large kneecaps, thick forearms, a hand on the left arm, and a short, yet thick rifle with a sharp laser barrel on the right arm.
Following Perfect Chaos' attack on Station Square, the Laser Hunters were constructed by GUN upon clearance from the President to combat the threat of Dr. Eggman. Supposedly, the Laser Hunters' design were derived from the studies of the E-Series robots that the government had gotten a hold of. Unbeknownst to GUN however, data on the Laser Hunters were hacked by Eggman.
A Laser Hunter was sent to halt Dr. Eggman from entering the room in Prison Island where Shadow was being held, resulting in its destruction. Soon after, several more Laser Hunters were deployed to defend Prison Island from Eggman's second attack on the premise, though most, if not all, were gunned down by Eggman's Egg Mobile.
With Sonic, having been branded a criminal under false pretenses, and his allies on large a few days later, the Laser Hunters would engage Sonic and Knuckles in the city. However, the duo escaped while their allies distracted the robots.
Powers and abilities
The Laser Hunters are a strengthened edition of the Hunter series that carry a laser rifle.
- The Laser Hunter is based on the enemy that debuted in Sonic Adventure 2.
- Unlike their game counterparts, the Laser Hunter's laser is green rather than blue.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 File:Sonicx-ep35-eye1.jpg
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Masaki, Hiro (30 October 2004). "Project: Shadow". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (16 November 2003). "Project: Shadow (Japanese dub)". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Houjou, Chinatsu (13 November 2004). "Sonic's Big Break". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 35.
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (20 November 2004). "Shadow World". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 36.