Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Not to be confused with Red Mountain.
Sonic Lost World
In the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Lost World, the player can find Red Material in the zones if the player finishes the stage successfully.
Zone 1 (Wii U)
This Act takes place on a small planetoid, and is merely a fight against Zazz, Zomom and Master Zik, in a gauntlet fashion. Each time the player defeats one of the Zeti, the planetoid crumbles, revealing lava pits beneath and should the player fall into one, it is instant death.
Red Star Rings locations
Red Star Rings 1-5: This entire level consists of a single battle spanning a one giant, spherical area. All five Red Star Rings are dropped via falling rocks throughout the fight. Be on the lookout and cover the area thoroughly as you're fighting the three characters and you'll snatch all of them.
Zone 2 (Wii U)
The second zone in Lava Mountain sends Sonic grinding on rails inside a water tube throughout the entire level; almost identical to Tropical Coast Zone 3. Minecarts, both golden and normal, are scattered about the zone, and some karts contain bombs that instantly kills Sonic upon contact, even in his super transformation. The zone features a great amount of two-dimensional platforming and short-length rails that requires Sonic to perform a series of quick, well-timed jumps and avoid an ever-increasing number of endless falls. A giant Fireworm Badnik appears to glide through the rails Sonic is grinding on, as the Badnik releases fire that pushes towards Sonic.
Red Star Rings locations
- During the side-scrolling sequence at the beginning of the level, you'll need to jump across three circular railways in a row. The first Red Star Ring is resting on the third.
- When the game switches back to a 3D perspective again for the first time, a couple of flying enemies will begin dropping bombs on you. Keep to the rightmost rail to hit a jump pad that will launch you to the next Red Star Ring.
- During the second side-scrolling sequence, after jumping a number of bomb carts, you'll need to jump a couple of gaps by chaining attacks on several groups of blue insects. Shortly after, you'll come to a large dip. The Red Star Ring is situated on an elevated platform. You'll miss it if you stick to the main path, so jump from the rail midway through the incline.
- Near the end of the second side-scrolling sequence, you'll come to another set of circular railways. There's a Red Star Ring on the large one, trailing behind one of the bomb carts. Time your jumps in such a way that you can immediately leap off after snagging it, as hitting the bomb cart will result in instant death.
- When you come to the final stretch, you'll pass through an area in which you'll collect numbered rings while large doors close. As you're exiting the room, stay on the green rail opposite the "1" ring. This will take you to the final Red Star Ring.
Zone 3 (Wii U)
The third zone takes place in and out of a huge castle filled with rising lava, gears, spikes and elevators. The Green Hover also appears here. The last three remaining Zeti; Zeena, Zor and Zavok are encountered at each tier of the zone. Once Zavok is defeated, he will increase in size and chase the player up the stage spitting fire/lasers at him/her. A craftily placed Slicer is at mid-point, however, it is the only one in the entire mountain.
Red Star Rings locations
- At the very start of the level, you'll come to a fork at the metal grates. The right side is guarded by spikes. Take that path, jump over a couple of platforms and find the Red Star Ring at the top.
- In the zone's second 2D segment, you'll come to a point at which you'll need to dodge spiky balls on conveyor belts. Look for the Red Star Ring in the wall on the right side. There's an entrance to the hidden path directly below it.
- After defeating the zone's second boss, the Red Star Ring is hanging between two massive, vertical grates directly in front of you. You get reach it either with skilled wall-running between the two grates of with assistant from one of the floating power-ups in this area.
- Immediately after the last one, you'll find two more vertical grates with another Red Star Ring suspended between them. This time, you can use the jump pads in the area to start a successful wall-run and grab it.
- At the very end of the final 3D segment, you'll pass through an area in which many large cannons are firing at you. The Red Star Ring is atop the second-to-last cannon on your left. Use the jump pad on the cannon immediately before it to launch yourself over.
Zone 4 (Wii U)
This zone is where the player battles Eggman with the Eggrobo as the final boss battle of the game. Automically running along a narrow platform, the player must be careful not to fall off the platform into the lava while dodging the Eggrobo's attacks. Super Sonic cannot be used for this fight even if the player has collected 50 Rings.
Red Star Rings locations
Red Star Rings 1-5: All five can be found on ground level while fighting the final boss. It can be easy to miss them if you're attacking, so it's suggested that you focus on collecting all five Red Star Rings before trying to beat the boss, since they all appear at specific locations throughout the run.
Zone 1 (3DS)
In Zone 1 of Lava Mountain (3DS), the player fights Zazz and Zomom in a rematch. The boss fights are exactly like their previous fights in Windy Hill and Desert Ruins, respectively, except their health bar is higher and both gain a new attack. When Zazz has one more hit left to defeat him, he'll get on top of his Moon Mech and try to run Sonic over. As Zazz comes to a stop, Sonic can Homing Attack him to finish him off. Zomom goes underground and tries to hit Sonic under the ground, while also leaving the Totem Mech's weak point invulnerable and can't be hit during the duration of the attack. In the fight against Zazz, the Red Burst Color Power is available. This can be useful for dealing huge amounts of damage against Zazz and can be used back in Windy Hill Boss after Zone 1 is completed.
Zone 2 (3DS)
In Zone Two of Lava Mountain (3DS), the player fights Zeena and Zor in a rematch. The boss fights are exactly like their previous fights in Frozen Factory and Silent Forest, respectively, except their health bar is higher and their attacks are harder to avoid.
Zone 3 (3DS)
In Zone 3 of Lava Mountain (3DS), the player fights against Master Zik and Zavok in a rematch. Their boss fights are exactly like their previous fights in Tropical Coast and Sky Road, respectively, except their health bar is higher and their attacks are harder to avoid.
Lava Mountain Boss (3DS)
Dr. Eggman is the boss at Lava Mountain Boss Act as well as the Eggrobo. It has a different attack style than its Wii U version counterpart.
Other game appearanes
In Sonic Runners, Lava Mountain appears as a course available after clearing Episode 17, or any time it's available in Ranking's mode. The area is best suited for Power Type characters. It looks visually similar to it's appearance in Sonic Lost World.