|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Leung Kar, also known as Lau Kar, is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was a Mobian village located in the Dragon Kingdom thousands of miles east from Mobotropolis.
For roughly fifty years, the town suffered pillaging and terrorization by a group of thieves known as the Yagyu Ninja. In 3236, the Yagyu Ninja attempted to steal again from the Temple of the Golden Lotus, but were stopped and chased off by Monkey Khan, who had immigrated to the region that year. Monkey Khan and two of the other townspeople, Liu Fang and Liu Chi Mei, tracked down the Yaguy Clan and managed to retrieve fifty years of stolen loot, while causing the clan's own robot dragon to chase them off.
- Despite the similarity in names, Ian Flynn has stated he considers Kar Leung and Leung Kar to be two different locations. They would later be listed as two different locations in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia.
- The name "Lau Kar" might come from the name of the famous Hong Kong martial arts filmmaker, choreographer, and actor Lau Kar-leung.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "World Map"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special #8, "Den of Thieves"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (17 May 2009). Dragon Kingdom, Yagyu Ninja and Kar Leung discussions. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.