- You may be looking for Level Select.
The Level Select is an overview setting and a level select map in all three episodes in the episodic series Sonic the Hedgehog 4. The first four zones can be tackled in any order in Episode I, whereas there is more of a progression in Episode II. The actual name of the setting is unknown; in Sonic's profile on the official website, the location of Episode I is described as "a new territory" whereas the location of Episode II is "the neighboring continent".
- Splash Hill Zone: A Green Hill-esque zone, bright and colorful, featuring many springs, speed boosters and zip-lines.
- Casino Street Zone: A level styled like Casino Night Zone. The level features traditional casino objects, such as bumpers, slot machines and playing cards.
- Lost Labyrinth Zone: Based off of Labyrinth Zone, this level takes place in dark caves, which includes various traps, underwater sections and a minecart ride.
- Mad Gear Zone: Dr. Eggman's headquarters, Mad Gear is very much like Metropolis Zone, which includes various moving gears (hence, the name) and steam gimmicks that launch the player around..
- E.G.G. Station Zone: The final zone of the game, the E.G.G Station takes place in outer space, very similar to the Death Egg Zone. This level features previous bosses and then the final boss, Eggman's Death Egg Robot.
- Sylvania Castle Zone: An ancient ruin of castles, partially flooded.
- White Park Zone: A snow-covered land mixed with a carnival.
- Oil Desert Zone: Based off of Oil Ocean Zone, Oil Desert is a ruined oil facility created by Doctor Eggman.
- Sky Fortress Zone: Very similar to Wing Fortress Zone, Eggman's vessel flies high in the sky, reaching the final stage of Episode II.
- Death Egg mk.II Zone: Yet another space station based on the original Death Egg. It is built around Little Planet, where Eggman awaits Sonic and Tails.