|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Archie Comics continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Light Labs is a location that appears in the Mega Man comic series, and the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs, published by Archie Comics. It is the laboratory built and run by Dr. Thomas Light, and serves as the base of operations for Mega Man in his efforts against Dr. Wily and his evil Robot Masters. It is also home to the various robots who support Mega Man in his efforts.
In the reality created by the second Genesis Wave, as Dr. Light about to begin work on a Robot Master when the Roboticized Masters attacked the Mega City bank and engaged Proto Man in battle. After Mega Man pursued them to Mobius, Proto Man teleported to Light Labs in order to deliver info on their Warp Ring to Dr. Light for analysis. Using it, the doctor was able to reproduce the Warp Ring and bring Mega Man back to Earth. Unfortunately, his interference was deduced by Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman, who dispatched Metal Sonic v3.0 and Bass to capture him. Light Labs thus became a battleground as the two invaders fought Proto Man, who vainly attempted to stop them. After Mega Man, Sonic, and Tails arrived, Tails succeeded in creating another Warp Ring to the villains' hideout. Roll agreed to remain behind with Auto, while the heroes and Rush headed into the Skull Egg Zone.
Roll and Auto were soon able to provide help to their beleaguered friends by sending additional reinforcements: Duo and the remaining Light Robot Masters. They did so by recreating the Warp Ring, allowing their allies to join the fight. Subsequently, Light Labs and its residents were restored to their proper time and place by the efforts of Super Armor Mega Man.
When Light Lab was undergoing repairs caused by Dr. Wily's latest attack, Rock left to get some more supplies. When next seen, Dr. Light and his Robot Masters were waiting for Rock to return when news of Sonic Man attacking appeared, forcing Dr. Light to send his robots, Quake Woman and several reformed Robot Masters made by Dr. Wily to intercept. When the timeline was reset by Xander Payne, it resulted in Rock reappearing near the Light Labs with the supplies he set out to get at the beginning.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #51, "When Worlds Collide Part Two: Mistaken Identities"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #248, "When Worlds Collide Part Three: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Mega Man #25, "When Worlds Collide Part Four: Through the Looking Glass"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #53, "When Worlds Collide Part Eight: Liberation"
- ↑ Mega Man #27, "When Worlds Collide Part Ten: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #273, "Worlds Unite Part Three: Clash of the Corrupted"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"