Sonic and the Black Knight
80 cm (2'7")
20 kg (44 lbs)
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
|Moves and techniques|
The Blacksmith (鍛冶屋 Kajiya?) is a character in Sonic and the Black Knight. He is the alternate reality counterpart of Miles "Tails" Prower from the world of Camelot. As his name implies, he works as the blacksmith in the town of Camelot Castle, where his craftsmanship is said to be the best in all the land. To unlock his storybook, the player must have him mend a sword for the player twenty times.
Operating a smithy in Camelot Castle's town, the Blacksmith has aided many adventurers by forging new weapons or helping them honing their skills.
The Blacksmith first encountered Sonic the Hedgehog after the hedgehog brought his sword, Caliburn, to the city in order to have it sharpened before their meeting with the Lady of the Lake. Predictably, the Blacksmith took an interest in Caliburn, especially after finding out that it could talk. Sonic deflected his questions, telling him that he was in a hurry and the Blacksmith did not press the matter. The reforging is what allows Sonic to use his Soul Surge move.
- The Blacksmith is equivalent to Ali Baba from Sonic and the Secret Rings, as both are story book versions of Tails.
- No other name for the character is mentioned within the game; Sonic and Caliburn simply refer to him in conversation as "Blacksmith", although Sonic once called him "Smithy", another term for a metalworker.
- Though all of the Knights of the Round Table have their Sonic's world counterparts (i.e. Shadow, Blaze, Knuckles) as playables in battle mode, Tails does not appear as a playable counterpart to the Blacksmith. (Conversely, Amy Rose is playable in battle mode, but the Lady of the Lake is not, possibly because neither were playable in story-mode.)
- Unlike the Knights of the Round Table, the Blacksmith uses a slingshot in battle mode instead of a sword.
- A design similar to the one Tails uses on his airplanes is shown on the Blacksmith's clothes.
- The design on his emblem represents his twin tails.
- The Blacksmith is the only Arthurian Character in Multiplayer Mode who is not a knight.
- The Blacksmith is the only character in the story to only appear in just one cutscene.
- The Blacksmith has his own Sonic Channel calendar picture.
- The background music playing in the Blacksmith Shop is actually a remixed version of Tails' Theme in Sonic Adventure: "Believe in Myself", which is represented in a classical musical style of the Arthurian Time.
|Secret Rings||Sonic (Darkspine) • Shahra • Erazor (Alf-Layla-wa-Layla) • Ali Baba / Tails • Sinbad / Knuckles • Shahryar / Eggman • Uhu • Solomon • Captain Bemoth • Ifrit Golem • Amy • Shadow • Silver • Blaze • Omochao • Big|
|Black Knight||Sonic (Excalibur) • Merlina (Dark Queen) / Merlin • Black Knight • Excalibur / Caliburn • Nimue / Amy • Blacksmith / Tails • Gawain / Knuckles • Lancelot / Shadow • Percival / Blaze • Galahad / Silver • Lamorak / Jet|