|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Lumina Flowlight is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. She is a fairy-like spirit from Maginaryworld and one half of the goddess Illumina. She embodies all of the positive properties of Illumina.
Lumina came into being when Illumina had a moment of self doubt that split her into two aspects of herself. One was Lumina who was her positive properties and the other was Void who embodied her doubts and her Zone's nightmares.
When Void shattered the Master Precioustone into several Precioustones and ravaged Maginaryworld, Lumina sent out a cry of for help which was answered subconsciously by Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles. Calling upon the heroes to defeat Void and help gather the Precioustones throughout Maginary World and restore the Master Precioustone, Lumina contacted Sonic in his dreams and explained everything that had happened and why she needed him. Once Sonic agreed to help and awoke, Lumina brought him to Tails, Amy and Knuckles to get them to Maginary World.
After the true origin of Lumina and Void was uncovered, the two of them merged to restore Illumina.
Lumina is mature, composed and speaks very rationally using big words. She is also very perceptive about other peoples' true natures as she knew Sonic would agree to help her.
Powers and abilities
Lumina has the ability to manipulate dreams, allowing her to enter and bend a person's dream to communicate with people and show different visions. She is also capable of flight.
- "All in good time, my impetuous young friend!"
- —Lumina upon meeting Sonic
- "Wouldn't you be denying your true nature if you did otherwise? That you live--for the adventure?"
- —Lumina talking with Sonic about his nature
- "A dream? Oh, no, this is quite real-- --And it's time to save Maginaryworld!"
- —Lumina when Sonic thought she was a dream.
- The artwork of Lumina used in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia is the official artwork of Lumina from Sega used in Sonic Shuffle.