|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Concept and creation
The Luminous Suits were inspired by the illuminous costumes players in the United States could get for Team Sonic in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric by pre-ordering the game from Amazon.com. Sticks did not receive a Luminous Suit because she was not playable in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (meaning she got no costume) and because the writers figured she was not really the "wearable tech" type.
Features and traits
Upon activation, certain parts of the Luminous Suits will start glowing (such as sportstapes, neckerchiefs, bracelets, straps and headbands), providing enough light for the users to see in otherwise lightless environments. The suits are controlled remotely by the user's own Communicator.
Team Sonic was first seen putting their Luminous Suits to use when they (twice) explored a caved-in ruin from the Ancients. When the Unnamed Village then experienced a power outage, the team used their suits in the Village for a few nights while they worked on solving this crisis.
- The color of each Luminous Suit's light corresponds to their wearer's primary color; Sonic's is blue, Tails' is yellow, Knuckles' is red and Amy's is pink.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- ↑ Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (4 February 2017). Retrieved on 5 February 2017. “Alan Denton: Hey everybody. Let's do that thing again where I give you a bunch of trivia about the latest Sonic Boom episode, "Mech Suits Me." 1/9 / ... / Alan Denton: Same goes for the Amazon-exclusive skins from RoL. YOU get to be canon! And YOU get to be canon! And YOU get to be canon! 4/9”
- ↑ Greg Hahn on Twitter. Twitter (4 February 2017). Retrieved on 5 February 2017. “Greg Hahn: The rest of the gang had these outfits in Rise of Lyric. Sticks wasn't playable in that game so she didnt get one.”
- ↑ Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (4 February 2017). Retrieved on 5 February 2017. “Alan Denton: We figured she's not really the "wearable tech" type.”
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.