|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see Lupe Wolf. For the character in the Sonic the Hedgehog TV series, see Lupe (SatAM).
Lupe the Wolf is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. She is an anthropomorphic wolf and ally to the Knothole Freedom Fighters. After being caught up in Dr. Eggman's attack on her village when she was younger, she was inspired by the heroism of Sally Acorn to fight back.
Lupe is a tall, gray wolf with dark gray fur, except for her tail which is black with a white tip, blue eyes, and a single scar under her left eye. She has small cheek tuffs and her hair is somewhat spiky and mohawk-like, featuring a white streak, and is always bound in a braid. For attire, she wears a blue with a tribal dress and dark lining that ties around the neck with a gold ring, and black sandals. She, like the rest of the characters, wears gloves. Her wrists and upper arms are adorned with gold cuffs.
At some point in the past, Lupe was caught in the invasion of her village by Dr. Eggman's forces. Thankfully, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sally Acorn and Antoine D'Coolette came to her aid, and their heroism, along with the pain of losing her father, gave her the drive to fight back.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where Lupe's original history ended.
Later, during the Shattered World Crisis, the Freedom Fighters were surprised to discover that Lupe was one of the many Gaia Key Guardians. In their quest to find the keys, they found Lupe in the Thunder Plains Zone along with the Wolf Pack, who were under attack from E-118 Tau. It was not until the attack was over that the heroes learned the badniks had been going after a decoy Gaia Temple that the Wolf Pack had been guarding.
Powers and Abilities
Lupe carries a spear with her for combat.
- Lupe's name is derived from "lupus", the Latin name for wolf ("lupe" is the vocative singular form). It may have come via Italian, in which "lupe" is the feminine plural (i.e. meaning "she-wolves"). It could also have been derive from "Lupine," the scientific term for "wolf."
- Lupe is the only member of the previous Wolf Pack not to have been created by former writer Ken Penders, and the only one not caught up in his legal disputes with Archie Comics and Sega. As such, only she made the transition into the Post-Super Genesis Wave World.
- Lupe is the only non-human Gaia Key Guardian.