Maginaryworld is the main setting of Sonic Shuffle. It is where Illumina and the Precioustone reside. It is the dream world that contains parts of everyone's dreams, much like Nightopia from NiGHTS into Dreams. Maginaryworld was almost plunged into darkness by Void when he shattered the Perfect Precioustone into pieces. As a result, Illumina was cast into an unknown world.
There are countless dream locations in Maginaryworld. Below are the main locations that the heroes Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy go to, they appear in order:
- Emerald Coast: The first world in the game, it was created for those who enjoy peacefulness, it is the Dreamworld of Knuckles. It was nearly turned into an icy realm by Void, but was later restored thanks to Sonic and friends.
- Fire Bird: Here, Sonic and friends must restore the Fire Phoenix, who was turned into air craft, to its former state. This world is for those who enjoy flying and freedom, it is the Dreamworld of Tails.
- Nature Zone: Sonic and friends must gather the Precioustones to prevent the forest from becoming a desolate wasteland that was caused by Void. This world is for those who enjoy being close to nature and its beauty, it is the Dreamworld of Amy.
- Riot Train: Sonic and co. must help the train find a destination so that it won't crash into oblivion. This world is for those who enjoy the thrill and excitement of adventures, it is the Dreamworld of Sonic. Once restored it reveals itself to be a Flying Plane with wings, making it like a blend of both Sonic and Tails' favorite dreams.
- Fourth Dimension Space: Here, Sonic and friends they must gather the Precioustone fragments to prevent the constellations from falling out of place. They also battle Void.