Maginaryworld (マージナリワール Mājinariwāru?) is the main setting of Sonic Shuffle. It is where Illumina, the Forcejewels and the Precioustone reside. It is a dream world created from the dreams of people in other dimensions through the power of the Precioustone, and contains parts of everyone's dreams. Maginaryworld was almost plunged into darkness by Void when he shattered the perfected Precioustone into pieces.
There are countless locations in Maginaryworld. Besides regular locations, other worlds created from people's dreams exist within Maginaryworld. Below are the main locations that the heroes Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy travel to:
- Temple of Light: The central location in Maginaryworld, and the place where the Precioustone is kept.
- Emerald Coast: This world is for those who enjoy peacefulness and it is also the Dreamworld of Knuckles. It was nearly turned into an icy realm by Void, but was later restored thanks to Sonic and friends.
- Fire Bird: This world is for those who enjoy flying and freedom, it is the Dreamworld of Tails. Here, Sonic and friends must restore the Fire Phoenix, who was turned into air craft, to its former state.
- Nature Zone: This world is for those who enjoy being close to nature and its beauty, it is the Dreamworld of Amy. Here, Sonic and friends must gather the Precioustones to prevent the forest from becoming a desolate wasteland that was caused by Void.
- Riot Train: This world is for those who enjoy the thrill and excitement of adventures, it is the Dreamworld of Sonic. Here, Sonic and co. must help the train find a destination so that it won't crash into oblivion. Once restored it reveals itself to be a flying train with wings, making it like a blend of both Sonic and Tails' favorite dreams.
- Fourth Dimension Space: This world is where dreams are stored. Here, Sonic and friends must gather the Precioustone fragments to prevent the constellations from falling out of place. They also battle Void in the Temple of Light.
- Maginaryworld is very similar to Nightopia from NiGHTS into Dreams...