Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
"Magnificent Sonic" title screen.
7 October 1993
"Magnificent Sonic" is the forty-seventh episode of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. Despite being produced as the forty-seventh episode, it originally aired as the twenty-fourth episode during the show's original run.
- Sheriff Sonic
- Deputy Tails
- Dr. Robotnik
- Miss Possum
- Rabbit Sheriff
- Rabbit Sheriff's Horse
- Six Gun Pete
- Six Gun Pete's Horse
- Mayor Chestnut
- Mr. Stork
- Tranquil Gulch citizens
- Despicable Desperados:
- Wired Earp
- Batch Cassidy
- Billy the Kit
- Chassis James
- Dos Holiday
- An ugly horse
- Sheriff Sonic
The Sheriff of an old western town called Tranquil Gulch, gets scared out of town by a robot bug cowboy named Six Gun Pete. Sonic and Tails stop at the Tranquil Gulch saloon for Chili Dogs and Root Beer. While Sonic flirts with the Bartender, Miss Possum, Six Gun Pete barges in and starts shooting. Sonic tricks him into shooting off his own head. Six Gun Pete then stumbles to his robot horse and gets dragged away headless. Mayor Chestnut asks Sonic to be the new Sheriff, but Sonic refuses. Tails and Miss Possum convince Sonic to take the job.
Thinking he owns Tranquil Gulch, Dr. Robotnik plans to transform it into Gambler's Gulch, the biggest casino in Mobius. Six gun Pete stumbles in without a head and draws a picture of Sheriff Sonic for Robotnik to see. Robotnik sends Scratch and Grounder to Tranquil Gulch to take care of Sonic.
Back in Tranquil Gulch the townsfolk are worried because Sonic is a terrible shot, not being able to hit the broadside of a barn (literally). Scratch and Grounder show up and Scratch challenges Sonic to a duel. Sonic convinces him to settle things over a game of Strip Poker. Sonic continues to win making Scratch and Grounder put all their body parts in the middle of the table. Eventually they run out of pieces and Tails throws them both in the trash.Later Scratch and Grounder see that Sonic has a thing for Miss Possum so they trick her into going in a runaway stage coach. Sonic comes to her rescue, but it is a trap. The Stage Coach bars itself up and goes off a cliff. Scratch and Grounder jump out, but forget their parachutes which Sonic ties to the stage coach allowing it a nice gentle landing into the river below. They go down a waterfall and Sonic fishes out Scratch and Grounder and puts them in jail.
Robotnik receives a telegram from Sheriff Sonic saying that Scratch and Grounder are in jail and bail will cost ten thousand Mobiums.
Robotnik shows up to take over Tranquil Gulch with five new cowboy Robots he calls his Despicable Desperados. Sonic and Tails run around and destroy each robot cowboy one by one. Meanwhile Scratch and Grounder tie a rope to an ugly horse to pull the bars off their cell so they can escape from jail. They catch Tails and hold him on train tracks. Robotnik challenges Sonic to a dual with Tails' life being on the line. Sonic accepts the challenge for Tails' sake. Miss Possum pulls Sonic into her Saloon to give him new clothes. Robotnik stands outside and obnoxiously says "I'm waiting! ... Now where have I heard that line before?" Sonic comes out wearing a poncho. Robotnik fires his weapon, but Sonic pulls up his poncho revealing a mirror which reflects the laser back at Robotnik, sending him, Scratch and Grounder flying into an outhouse. Sonic retires as Sheriff and delegates his position to Miss Possum.
Sonic Says guns are not toys and tells kids not to play with real guns.
- The Rabbit Sheriff from the beginning of this episode was also the gardener in the episode "Lovesick Sonic".
- One of the Clumsy birds and the Tails' fake parents from the episode "Tails' New Home" all appear in the backgrounds of this episode.
- Chassis James looks very similar to Humpty from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
- The title of this episode comes from The Magnificent Seven, a Western movie.
- Sonic's trick of concealing a mirror beneath his poncho is a reference to the Clint Eastwood movie A Fistful of Dollars, in which Eastwood's nameless protagonist hides a steel chest plate under his poncho to deflect bullets. (Marty McFly uses the same trick in Back to the Future Part III.)
- A lot of times in this episode Sonic's shoes look like Tails' in the first episode of Sonic SatAM.
- While Robotnik was waiting for Sonic to fight him, he says "I'm waiting!" He even wonders where he has heard it before. What he said is a common catchphrase of Sonic in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM), and Sonic Underground.
- In this episode, Sonic uses a gun, which contrasts to when he said "he wouldn't be caught dead using them" in Shadow the Hedgehog.
|Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog||
|Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)||