|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- Not to be confused with the Fennec Male.
But you can't go wrong with a rolling pin and a frying pan. They're classics.
— Male Fennec, "Eggman Unplugged"
The Male Fennec is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. He is an anthropomorphic fennec fox who runs his own shop in Hedgehog Village which sells a little bit of everything.
The Male Fennec is an anthropomorphic, fallow-furred fennec fox about half of Eggman's height with golden eyes and buff fur on his front torso and muzzle. He has a fairly large and round torso, a wide head, slightly thin arms, a bushy tail, long triangular ears and slightly stubby legs. In addition, he has a medium-large black nose, long cheek tuffs with brown tips, and as well brown tips on his ears and tail. For attire, he wears a red and white-checkered neckerchief, white gloves, slightly baggy dark green socks and brown shoes.
The Male Fennec once worked on delivering deli products to the Village when he found a sleeping Granifer Giganticus blocking the delivery route. Fortunately, Team Sonic moved the giant for him. Later, the Male Fennec found Dr. Eggman visiting his shop for tech-free wares after he had abandoned technology. Hearing Eggman's story, the Male Fennec sold him several frying pans and rolling pins when he asked for manual weaponry.
Passing by Tails' Workshop to sell encyclopedias, the Male Fennec got held back by Tails' talk about his latest project. The Male Fennec later found his shop robbed of a couple of bandages. Six hours later, he told Team Sonic of his robbery when they came by looking for the thief. Hiring Knuckles as his shop's bag boy soon after, the Male Fennec would regret his decision when Knuckles messed up. Fortunately, Knuckles would quit once he got another job offer. The Male Fennec would later learn that their village was named after Sticks' evil ancestor, Jebediah Badger, which made him scorn Sticks. Meanwhile, he got visited by Amy during her campaign promotion of a new name for the Village. A while afterward, the Male Fennec defended himself from a Mantis Bot when Eggman's malware-infected robots went on an unparalleled blitzkrieg in the Village.
Back in his shop, the Male Fennec got robbed by Eggman when he raised the price on the doctor's favorite candy. He later alerted the authorities to Team Sonic when the flea-infested team tried to enter his shop to buy lotions. With the team put in quarantine however, Eggman would soon after rob the Male Fennec's shop without interference. The Male Fennec later arrived in time to cheer for Amy and Sticks when they drove Eggman out of town. Belinda appeared immediately after however, who froze the Male Fennec with Charlie's Mech Suit after having enough of his snarky attitude. Fortunately, he was released when Amy and Sticks (with the aid of products from the Male Fennec's store) defeated Belinda. The Male Fennec later got tied up while Willy Walrus and the Weasel Bandits robbed his store.
The Male Fennec was among those villagers that Cubot, who had gone crazy, took towards space using his new gravity-controlling powers. Thanks to Sonic and Tails though, the Male Fennec was brought down to earth again before he died from asphyxia. He soon after sold a toy giraffe to Tails, who gave it to Chumley.
Direct and to-the-point, the Male Fennec displays a general lack of enthusiasm and a great deal of snarkiness. Even when fighting robots, he maintains a very calm demeanor. Although usually reserved when running his business, he cares a great deal about keeping his shop up to code, and becomes very strict and outspoken when defending it from vermin. Also, after being robbed by Og, he has lost all faith in humanity.
The Male Fennec does not really care about his customers' daily lives when he is trying to sell them something. However, he does have a small sense of humor and shows an appreciation for classics, like rolling pins and frying pans being used as weapons. In his shop, he also provides helpful service to his customers.
- The Male Fennec delivers purchases at his shop to his customers.
- The Male Fennec's shop is the only place in Hedgehog Village that sells anti-itch lotion.
- The Male Fennec's character model has been reused for the Fennec Shopkeeper and Fennec Garbage Man.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (January 2016). Retrieved on January 2016. “the sonic rebel fan: I thought he was a coyote. / Bill Freiberger: Actually, we're both wrong. I made a mistake with this one. He's actually not a wolf he's a fennec fox.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (3 January 2016). Retrieved on 11 January 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: So, what do you call these three guys? / Bill Freiberger: Fennec Shopkeeper, Male Fennec, Fennec Garbage Man.”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (25 February 2017). "Knine-to-Five Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 68. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Beardmore, Marie (3 June 2017). "Flea-ing From Trouble". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 82. Boomerang.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 June 2017). "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 85. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (29 July 2017). "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 90. Boomerang.
- ↑ Stanley, Evan (12 August 2017). "Three Men And My Baby!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 92. Boomerang.