Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- Not to be confused with Manic the Hedgehog.
Prince Manik Acorn is the son of King Sonic and Queen Sally and brother of Princess Sonia Acorn. Manik bears great resemblance to his father, and has inherited his super speed abilities and personality, but has his mother's eyes. He is the prince of the Kingdom of Acorn.
Manik is a blue hedgehog with a somewhat prominent diastema. He looks largely identical to Sonic.
In the unaltered timeline, Manik has green eyes and wears slightly more detailed versions of Sonic's shoes, each featuring two gold buckles.
In the altered timeline, the much younger Manik retains most of this appearance. However, in response to the common fan complaint of children looking identical to one parent with no traits of the other, he was given his mother's blue eyes. For formal occasions, he wears a small crown. He was later seen in white and green socks.
25 Years Later (Unaltered)
Manik was born the son and second-born child of King Sonic and Queen Sally, and younger brother of Sonia Acorn. Manik bears great resemblance to his father, and he has even inherited his father's super speed. Manik has slightly less tolerance for his royal duties than his sister. Like his father, Manik is very popular with girls as both Tails' daughter Melody, and Espio's daughter Juanita have affections for him. Manik was also known to have a crush on Lara-Su, one that she didn't reciprocate. Manik, as first-born male, is heir to the throne of Mobius.
25 Years Later (Altered)
Due to Sonic's travels to the Past, Manik and Sonia were erased from the timeline, putting a mental toll on the once king. However, when King Shadow was defeated, Sonic brought up the idea of kids to Sally...
Five Years Later...
Five years after Shadow's defeat, a reborn Manik watched a news broadcast with the rest of the royal family, excited at seeing his baby self on TV. Manik got upset at learning that his parents were going out for the night, but quickly changed his mind when he found out that Lara-Su was babysitting him and his sister. He later caused havoc along with his sister Sonia, forcing Lara-Su to use Chaos Control to rein them in. Lara-Su then put them to bed and read them a few bed time stories, which seemed to put them to sleep. However, the two sneaked out of their room and caused more trouble, resulting in a pillow fight with Lara-Su. The next day, they attended the celebration of the Five Years of Peace, when a missile was suddenly launched at the royal family. However, they were saved by the timely arrival of Silver the Hedgehog.
In the unaltered timeline, Manik's personality was very much that of his father's. He was very fun-loving, though he couldn't go without a fight to do his royal duties. He also looked up to his father. However, he could come across as somewhat annoying to others, particularly Sonia.
In the altered timeline, Manik's personality is very different. He is still fun-loving, but due to his young age, is somewhat immature.
Before the timeline was altered, Manik had a huge crush on Lara-Su. After it was altered, his crush turned into an immense fondness for her, as shown when he pushes her into their house when she comes to babysit.
- He is, for the most part, unconnected to the Manic of Sonic Underground save for his name. Manik did not resemble his Sonic Underground namesake, instead appearing as a younger duplicate of his father Sonic.
- He has a younger counterpart in the future from which Sally's computer Nicole originated, and both possess the power of super speed.
- Manik wears two buckles on his shoes, whereas his father wears one. Manik also has two straps on his shoes, whereas his father has one.
- In the Unaltered Timeline, Manik is considerably younger than Sonia, while in the Altered Timeline, the two are fraternal twins.
- Manik's shoes are based off of his father's shoes.
- An alternate version of Manik was seen in a painting in 3437 P.X.E. in StH #215. However, given the lack of information about this future-as well as its susceptibility to change-it is unknown whether this version of Manik is descended from Sally and Sonic, or whether he would still come into existence given alterations to the timeline since this painting's appearance.
Notes and references
- ↑ According to the writers, the naming of Sonic and Sally's children was a nod to Sonic Underground.