"Map of Mayhem" is the forty-seventh episode of the anime series, Sonic X. It first aired on 22 February 2004 and 5 March 2005 in Japan and the United States respectively.
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
Dr. Eggman kidnaps a group of GUN soldiers, including Topaz, and steals a map of the lost continent of Murasia. Pursuing him, Sonic and the gang find him planning to activate a hotspot located beneath an island that is the last remnant of Murasia. Engaging the Egg Giant-Makan warship, they are joined by the Egg Fort, which has been recovered and refurbished into the GUN Fort V3. The GUN Fort sets out to destroy Eggman's vessel, not caring for the prisoners aboard. In desperation, Eggman tries to fire the Giant-Makan's main weapon, driving off the GUN forces. Sonic and Knuckles work together and destroy Eggman's ship. Eggman, his allies, and Sonic's friends then land on the island.
- The last message broadcasted by the Seahawk differs between dubs.
- The scene where Tanaka is practicing with his sword was cut in the English dub.
- The report that Eggman shows Knuckles was blanked in the English dub.
- Dr. Atsumi was renamed Dr. Cadberry in English dub, along with the palace's name.
- In the original version, there is a thirty-five seconds scene where Decoe and Bocoe escape Knuckles after running into him on their way back to Eggman by disguising themselves as dancers in a dance club which Knuckles gets too flustered over to enter and runs away. This scene was removed in the English dub, most likely due to suggestive themes.
- In the English dub, twelve seconds showcasing various parts of the Egg Giant-Makan was cut out.
- The scene where Eggman impersonated Dr. Atsumi's head was cut from the English dub.
- In the English dub, there is one second that got cut out of the scene where Rouge is held at gunpoint, only for Rouge to kick the weapon away.
- In the English dub, several seconds were added to the charging of the Egg Giant-Makan's energy beam due to the English dub's commercial breaks.
- The "GUN Fort" went unnamed in the English dub.
Title in other languages
|Japanese||緯度0大決戦！！||Big Decisive Battle on Latitude 0!!|
|French||Le Nombril du monde||The Navel of the World|
|German||Die Karte von Murasia||The map of Murasia|
|Italian||La mappa di Murasia||The Map of Murasia|
|Spanish||Batalla decisiva en el Ecuador||Decisive battle in Ecuador|
|Russian||Решающая битва на Экваторе!!!||Decisive battle at Equator!!!|
- The episode's title card is a reference to Toho, a japanese movie company that is well known for making Godzilla movies.