|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Marie D'Coolette is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. She was a Mobian coyote and the late wife of the army General Armand D'Coolette and mother of Antoine D'Coolette.
Life and death
Native to Mercia, Marie's family relocated to Mobotropolis out of her husband's desire to serve Maximillian Acorn, somewhat to Marie's discontent. The difference in opinion continued in their son's education, in which Armand taught Antoine in English, the language of their new home, while Marie insisted on teaching him their native tongue of French. Sadly, Armand disappeared and was presumed dead sometime before Dr. Robotnik's takeover, leaving Marie thinking herself a widow. Even more tragic, she developed an illness that eventually claimed her life, leaving the young Antoine orphaned in Knothole.
Marie was remembered lovingly by both husband and son, and Armand anticipated being reunited with her as he bid his goodbyes to Antoine upon his deathbed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Antoine D'Coolette'"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #58, "Friendly Rouges & Foul Villans"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #46, "Countdown to Armageddon"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special #9, "Eve of Destruction"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special #9, "Zoneward Bound"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #168, "Courage and Honor"