|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
When Mayor Fink found Team Sonic coming to Bygone Island, he requested Sonic to restore the run-down parts of town so he could take credit for it and win favour for his re-election as mayor, regardless that he ran unopposed. After the team had restored the town's areas, he congratulated them for a work well done on his behalf.
When a meteor shower hit the Village, Mayor Fink was one of the victims caught in the disaster until Sticks averted it. As the yearly Awardy Awards then came, Mayor Fink served as the host of the event at his mansion. There, he welcomed the guests and later announced Leroy the Turtle as the winner. However, Dr. Eggman, who had cheated himself to be a nominee, attacked Mayor Fink and the rest in vengeance for not receiving the award. After Team Sonic stopped Eggman, Mayor Fink returned to the gala.
While attending his own businesses, the mayor found time to go to Meh Burgers and pay a visit to T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders. One day however, Fink and the villagers were caught in Eggman's invasion of the island. As Fink and the villagers were at the mercy of Eggman's Mega, they were saved by Knuckles, whose severe case of bad luck made the Mega destroy itself when he joined Eggman.
Mayor Fink would soon visit a colossal ball of twine after a trip to Meh Burger, where he was almost caught in a rockslide but was saved by Sonic. Later, while Mayor Fink was in the Village during nighttime, he and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's Moth Bot, but was saved by Team Sonic again. During a trip to the Village Center, Mayor Fink found Eggman selling his tomato sauce which Sonic ended up proving was safe to consume to Mayor Fink and the villagers (although it was still part of an evil scheme). As Mayor Fink later attended Meh Burger, he was drawn into the Battle of the Buns between Meh Burger and Chez Amy. Over the next period, Mayor Fink regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Serving as the judge of Sonic and Swifty the Shrew's race, Mayor Fink announced Swifty the winner when he seemed to have won the race and had Sonic banished from the Village in accordance to the law. However, as Eggman came and revealed he orchestrated the events, Mayor Fink was pressured by Team Sonic into assembling the Village Council and have Sonic brought back, who then saved them from Eggman's Swifty robots.
Mayor Fink eventually came to the yard sale at Sticks' Burrow where he took some time to look at the goods on display. Then, while at work passing bylaws, Admiral Beaverton came to pick Mayor Fink up for the Jackalope Lodge's fishing trip, but he had too much to do. As Knuckles came with a law proposal though, Mayor Fink got the echidna to take over his work in exchange for passing his law. When Mayor Fink came back though, he found his office in ruins from a struggle between Team Sonic and Eggman, and the Village in chaos from Knuckles' reckless usage of power. Mayor Fink later came to the premiere of Eggman's movie at Eggman's lair which ended in a failure on Eggman's behalf as the movie failed to enslave the audience with hypnotism.
At New Year's Eve, Mayor Fink attended the party in the Village Center. While with Admiral Beaverton, Mayor Fink almost revealed he had brought a private island with the town's money when Comedy Chimp tried interviewing him about the event. Amidst the party, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in a game before New Year, though Mayor Fink did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast for him to notice. Mayor Fink later on came to the auditions for Bro-Down Showdown with Mrs. Vandersnout, but got turned down by Dixon for being "too old." Nevertheless, Mayor Fink got to see some of the show live.
While Sonic was thought to be a thief, Mayor Fink tried keeping the angry villagers from running amok. When Knuckles promised to bring in Sonic, Mayor Fink and some villagers followed him to provide help. When they lost Knuckles and Sonic though, Mayor Fink lead the rest onward in their search for the latter, although Sonic cleared his name in the meantime. Mayor Fink later served as the host for the Robot Battle Royale, ensuring the override codes for the robots were locked away. Despite his efforts however, Eggman got control of Tails' Hypno-bot at the end of the tournament for an evil scheme which Mayor Fink hoped to stop. Mayor Fink later came to Puppy Con, where he saw Dave the Intern being innocently arrested for causing a rockslide which was actually started by Eggman.
After Team Sonic saved the Village from Eggman for the millionth time, Mayor Fink gave them the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. When hearing that Team Sonic were not setting good examples though, he hired D.B. Platypus to advise them and was pleased to see it work. Mayor Fink later met Eggman who wanted a reward too, but could not give him one without merit. During his later visits to the Village Center, Mayor Fink came to see a fight between Knuckles and the new supervillain Charlie, which ended in the former's victory.
Hearing from Dr. Eggman in the Village Center that an asteroid would impact the earth, Mayor Fink joined Eggman and Team Sonic's meeting for a course of action. Opting to hide, Mayor Fink showed up to buy a spot in Eggman's bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Although the mayor got to be one of Eggman's choices for a bunkmate, Team Sonic would stop the asteroid. After opening the new scissor factory, Mayor Fink would ignore Sticks' demands for him to focus on the Village's current water crisis. The mayor had several interviews with local journalists after that (some of which Sticks staged to investigate Mayor Fink): while one lead to a brief news scandal, most ended up focusing on Mayor Fink's new puppies.
Mayor Fink was later in the Village Center where he to his bewilderment saw Sonic travel to another plane of existence. He fled shortly after when Eggman launched an ambush on the Village. While subtly hypnotized by Dreamcaster's TV broadcasts, Mayor Fink angrily faced Sticks when she disturbed him with her unlikely story about Dreamcaster on TV. Becoming Dr. Eggman's zombie slave soon after, Mayor Fink and the hypnotized villagers would attack Sticks when she came to the rescue, but were freed as Team Sonic foiled Eggman's plan. Mayor Fink later gave Tails a Trophy of Valor at a ceremony for inventing a Village defense against Eggman, but fled when Eggman came through a hole in the defense. With Tails' defense backfiring while Eggman was stopped, Fink would rebrand Tails' trophy as the "Trophy of Shame."
Other game appearances
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
In Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, Mayor Fink makes a small cameo where he can be seen alongside the tracks in the town areas. However, in version 1.6.0, he was removed along with the town area.
Mayor Fink is a typical politician – a fast talker out of both sides of his mouth. Loud and confident, he feels in control no matter what the situation, even if he has no idea what he is doing. This leaves him with an overconfident and aloof attitude about his choices, regardless of how certain they are to be proven wrong. He often prioritizes maintaining his own political position above all else, having worked more on being reelected than dealing with the threat of Lyric (whom he only worried about in the case he ran for office). He has also been known to take credit for others' work and has displayed a general lack of attention to the public's demands.
Despite his flaws, Mayor Fink does seem to care about his village and his job. Whenever there is a big event underway that demand his presence, he is usually at the front to oversee or manage it, and does so with an encouraging attitude. He has even on a few occasions displayed a willingness to step in to help Team Sonic when troubles are afoot.
Mayor Fink is a strict follower of the laws of the Village and follows the rules and code of conduct to a T despite how dire the situation might be. While he does not let his position of power go to his head and can reluctantly prioritize his duties over his own activities, he is not above taking the easy route to a solution or squandering his town's money on himself.
- "I'm pretty busy, it seems there maybe another candidate running against me. Lyric seems like a go get 'em kind of fellow. I hope he isn't interested in running for office."
- —Mayor Fink, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
- It is mentioned in "Late Night Wars" that Mayor Fink has been on the Comedy Chimp Show at least once.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Big Red Button Entertainment (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Nintendo Wii U. Sega. Area/Level: Bygone Island. "Mayor Fink: If you fix them, I am positive that many secrets will be revealed... and you'll have the gratitude of the townspeople, and of course, Rodents United for the Re-Election of E. Pluribus Fink, Esquire."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Kellie (23 July 2014). Meet Characters in the Sonic Boom Universe. Retrieved on 24 July 2014.