|Mecha Sonic Model No.29|
Sonic the Fighters
Blue, yellow, silver, red, white, blue
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 is a character that appears in Sonic the Fighters. It is a robot that is briefly seen at the start of the game's intro, where it is outside the Death Egg II, before transforming into a rocket and flying off.
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 looks similar to Metal Sonic, except its spines are longer than Metal Sonic's own spines. It has wrench-like hands, and it lacks the turbine in its torso that Metal Sonic has. It also has feet similar to Tails' shoes.
Powers and Abilities
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 is capable of flying through space and can as well transform into a rocket.
Fighting style and playability
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 is not playable without hacking, which can be done through the use of emulator to play Sonic the Fighters. Like Honey the Cat, he shares other characters' fighting moves - for example, Knuckles is one, Tails is another, etc. Its moves are some of the best in the game, although as of the recent port Metal Sonic is considered the strongest character as a playable fighter. When hacked, its name is registered as "Rocket Metal" in both its title card and fighter name, which is nowhere to be seen otherwise. Unlike Honey the Cat, it is not playable in the HD re-release.
- Its designated name is written on its head: "MECHA SONIC MODEL NO.29"
- Its purpose is up for debate - in the Arcade release and the port in Sonic Gems Collection, it appears to have Tails' insignia, implying that it was a reconnaissance robot used to obtain satellite images of the Death Egg II. However, the 2012 HD digital re-release changes this to an emblem of Dr. Robotnik, making it another one of his forces.
- When hacking it into the game in character select, the robot will appear with his own head and his claws, but will have Sonic the Hedgehog's body.
- Like the unused Honey the Cat in the original game, its image before battling is the image of Dr. Robotnik.
- When the hacked fighter does a Spin Dash, it shows him spin into a ball with his spikes showing before they disappear, proceeding with Sonic's Spin Dash animation.
- The hacked fighter has two sets of eyes, which can be seen by using him in the Arcade version via emulator by using certain moves. It is unknown if this is an intended feature or a graphical error.
|Sonic the Fighters|
|Characters||Sonic | Tails | Knuckles | Amy | Espio | Bark | Bean | Fang | Dr. Eggman | Honey|
|Locations||South Island | Tails' Lab | Death Egg II|
|Arenas||South Island | Flying Carpet | Aurora Icefield | Mushroom Hill | Canyon Cruise | Casino Night | Dynamite Plant | Giant Wing | Death Egg's Eye | Death Egg's Hangar|
|Other||E-Mech | Eggman Robot | Fake Fighter | Gallery | Hyper Mode | Lunar Fox | OST | Rocket Metal | Sunset Town|