|Mecha Sonic Model No.29|
Sonic the Fighters
N/A (referred to as male)
Blue, Yellow, Silver, Red, White, Blue
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Flight, possibly Speed, Rocket Transformation
Mecha Sonic Model No.29, also referred to as Rocket Metal, is a character that has only appeared in Sonic the Fighters. It is a robot created by Dr. Robotnik with the capability to transform into a rocket.
Rocket Metal appears briefly at the start of the game's intro outside of the Death Egg II, before transforming into a rocket and flying off.
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 looks similar to Metal Sonic, except its spines are longer than Metal Sonic's own spines. It has wrench-like hands, and it lacks the turbine in its torso that Metal Sonic has. It also has feet similar to Tails' shoes.
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 can also transform into a rocket.
Fighting style and playabilityEdit
Mecha Sonic Model No.29 is not playable without hacking, or the use of emulator to play Sonic the Fighters. Like Honey the Cat, he shares other characters' fighting moves - for example, Knuckles is one, Tails is another, etc. Its moves are some of the best in the game, although as of the recent port Metal Sonic is considered the strongest character as a playable fighter. When hacked, its name is registered as "Rocket Metal" in both its title card and fighter name, which is nowhere to be seen otherwise. He is not playable in the HD re-release.
- Its name is written on the text on its head: "MECHA SONIC MODEL NO.29"
- When hacking Rocket Metal into the game in character select, Rocket Metal will show with his own head and his claws, but will have Sonic's body.
- When Rocket Metal does a spin dash, it shows him spin into a ball with his spikes showing before they disappear, proceeding with Sonic's Spin Dash animation.
- Like Honey the Cat, Rocket Metal's image before battling is the image of Doctor Robotnik.
- Rocket Metal has 2 sets of eyes, this can be seen by using him in arcade via Emulator by using certain moves revealing a second set of eyes.