|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the robot based on this one, see Giant Robot.
Attention village: your panic screaming and tracheal hysteria have so charmed and delighted me these past few moments that I wish to extend my appreciation by debuting for you my most extravagant ode to destruction yet! Behold, the Mega!
— Dr. Eggman, "Unlucky Knuckles"
The Mega resembles a cross between a tank and Cyclops. It has a black upper torso with broad and round yellow shoulders with short spikes, thick grey arms with yellow and black hazard stripes and four-fingered hands. Its lower body consists of a red pelvis with grey tracks for legs and yellow and black hazard stripes on the front. On its back it has an exhaust pipe and large vent-like tubes next to the shoulders. For head it has a thick yellow neck with a single red eye containing a slit-like pupil.
The Mega was first called out by Dr. Eggman to battle Team Sonic when they invaded his lair. The Mega effortlessly beat back Team Sonic, but when it deployed its photon bombs against them, Sticks and Knuckles spiked one of them into the Mega's eye causing it to explode and fall into the ocean.
The Mega was later rebuilt by Eggman as a powerful, but untested prototype. Despite the risks involved, the Mega was used by Eggman for an invasion of Seaside Island. However, before it could do more damage, the Mega suddenly destroyed itself due to a malfunction triggered by Knuckles, who was experiencing a case of bad luck, when he joined Eggman. The Mega was later rebuilt and deployed again, this time by Sonic, who had switched bodies with Eggman, to battle Eggman until they switched back.
Displaying little to no personality of its own, the Mega is silent, single-minded and unquestioningly dedicated to the doctor's orders. As per its programming though, it will only obey orders after being threatened.
Powers and abilities
The Mega is a very durable robot, remaining unflinched by Sonic, Knuckles and Sticks full-frontal assaults. Thanks to is size, the Mega is incredibly strong, capable of creating minor tremors by punching, toppling trees and can send Sticks flying with a flick of its finger. It is also capable of flight.
The Mega is equipped with two different armaments. Its chest contains photon bombs which can track down opponents and explode with a powerful burst and it has hand grenades it can throw and ignite manually.
- The Mega got its name because it is seven percent bigger than Eggman's other robots.
- In the Mega's first two appearances, Knuckles was the one who defeated it.
- The Mega is the first original robot in the Sonic Boom television series to not have the word "bot" in its name.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Jean-Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.