|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Meh Burger is a location that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is a three-star outdoor fast-food court in the Village Center which is owned by Mr. Slate. The restaurant is well-visited by the local inhabitants despite being barely a restaurant due to its low-rate standards and is managed by Dave the Intern.
Meh Burger is an outdoor establishment where customers can either eat in or order take-out. It consists of a cosy dining area with a fence to the north and west. In the back area lies the food stall with a stone oven where the customers place their orders. The dining area itself has tables and chairs for the public and commodities such as lanterns, televisions, parasols, food stations, and vending machines. Though not shown, Meh Burger also has bathrooms and a drive-through. It also has its own warehouse two villages over where it store its food products.
Meh Burger has a minimal staff which handles all daily tasks. Privileges here are mainly reserved for the management; only these people are allowed to mop the bathroom and get employee discount. Managers also oversee the employees (although that privilege was originally meaningless since Meh Burger only had one employee to begin with). Meanwhile, junior chef managers act as supervisors to new employees, yet work for less than minimum wage. Meh Burger also has its own employee uniform which consists of a lavender shirt with yellow leaf-markings and a name tag.
Meh Burger follows a simple, apathetic policy. As such, despite having several faithful visitors from all cultural groups, the restaurant is widely infamous for its employees' sloppy service, sub-standards, unhygienic environment, and cheap products; several people have even compared Meh Burger to that of a dump or rat-hole. Despite this, Meh Burger does have a decent code of conduct written down; it is just not kept at all. One rule is that only paying customers can break the restaurant's plates.
Meh Burger has been known to hosts certain events, such as Tommy Thunder's fan-signing and its own karaoke nights. It also has a special VIP area behind its main establishment that is reserved for the biggest VIPs and their guests. This area is known only by the VIPs and is kept a secret to most other visitors. The VIP area offers much more regal accommodations, including hygienic and classy settings, first-class service and exclusive, top-class food.
Meh Burger has a wide assortment of everyday fast-foods. However, it has been remarked by many that the establishment's food products are mediocre and not very healthy or tasteful. In fact, much of it does not contain food at all, and tests have shown that not even wild animals want to eat them. The restaurant also sells small packages known as "Meh Meals" (one of which includes the Meh Steak) which come with their own various "Meh Meal toys". These toys are so cheaply made and have such sharp corners that they are downright health hazards. Some of Meh Burger's products include:
Team Sonic paid a visit to Meh Burger for lunch which was ruined by Sticks' new disgusting robo-pet, Buster. The visit was cut short when the team had to stop a robbery. Sonic and Amy later revisited Meh Burger for lunch, but Dr. Eggman cut in front of them, which the cashier Dave allowed. While Eggman gloatingly ate his meal, Dave impressed Eggman enough with his admiration of him to get a job as his intern. However, he was soon fired and he returned to Meh Burger, swearing revenge.
Soar the Eagle later brought Dr. Eggman to Meh Burger where he gave the esteem-deprived doctor a small evil success by making him steal a meal prepared by Dave. While having lunch at Meh Burger, Team Sonic saw Eggman being interviewed on the Comedy Chimp Show on the restaurant's TV. As Eggman unveiled his plan to conquer the island with his robot cans, Meh Burger was attacked by its electronic appliances, turned into robots by the cans. Fortunately, Team Sonic destroyed the robots and stopped Eggman's scheme.
When time itself was caught in a time loop, Eggman met up with Sonic and Tails at Meh Burger to discuss the matter and how to solve it. There, Tails came up with a solution, only for the time loop to reset the day, forcing Eggman (who retained his awareness) to seek Tails' help earlier. During one of their visits to Meh Burger, Team Sonic met Orbot and Cubot who had left Eggman to live with them. Not fond of that, Sonic, Amy, Sticks and Knuckles excused themselves and left Meh Burger, leaving Tails behind to handle the robots.
Sonic later stopped by Meh Burger for a snack on his way to the library, where he decided Fastidious' order when the beaver proved too indecisive and slow at the counter. Receiving Meh Burger's last chili dog, Sonic noticed he had cut in front of Eggman's Motobug, thus costing Eggman the chili dog he wanted. Sonic therefore visited Meh Burger's warehouse on Dave's advice to get a chili dog to appease Eggman, but with limited success. When Sonic later bet with Sticks and Amy that he could teach Knuckles better survival skills than Sticks could to Amy, he and Knuckles went to Meh Burger with Tails to slack off instead of training, overly-confident that it would be a cinch. Another time after pranking Eggman, Team Sonic went to Meh Burger, where they saw Orbot and Cubot pulling Eggman's Eggmobile by, confirming their suspicions that Eggman had given up technology as a result of their prank.
One time where Dave provided lousy service to Amy, Meh Burger was being run out of business when Amy opened Chez Amy as a better alternative to Meh Burger's service, leading to a bitter rivalry between the establishments. Using new gimmicks, Meh Burger eventually took back its customers, only to get blown up by Amy's new partner, Dr. Eggman. After Chez Amy closed down, Team Sonic helped rebuilt Meh Burger. At the dawn of the Chili Dog Cook-Off, Team Sonic discussed the contest at Meh Burger while Dave tried to brag over his chili recipe. There, they noticed the "one of kind" peppers they had brought for the contest were fake and sought out the seller, Mrs. Vandersnout.
From within Meh Burger, Sonic and Tails, who were having lunch, later saw how the Village entered anarchy due to deputy mayor Knuckles recklessly approving permits, prompting the duo to set out and correct it. Meh Burger later became the site of a controversy when Sonic came to pick up Knuckles from his meeting with Mike the Ox to battle Eggman, where he told Mike he could not come along because he was "just a guy," which made the villagers judge Sonic for being insensitive. With animosity continuing at Meh Burger, Sonic apologized to Mike there and let him join Team Sonic's battles, but with disastrous results. Meh Burger soon after became a gathering for many of the Lightning Bolt Society's harassments while Sonic was in temporary retirement.
In hopes of finding a genius Dave, an alternate Knuckles took Team Sonic to Meh Burger. While their search was for naught, it helped Tails deduce this Knuckles came from another dimension. As the real Knuckles came to Meh Burger to mope, his team tried cheering him up when they saw him weakening from the paradox of having two Knuckles in one dimension. When New Year's Eve later arrived, Meh Burger was open to the party guests in the Village Center, where it also sponsored "Comedy Chimp's New Year's Adequate Eve" show.
Tails later came to Meh Burger to impress Zooey with a masculine attitude. However, Dave ruined the moment when he brought Tails a toy along with his meal. Meanwhile, Eggman tried locating a lost package from Meh Burger, during he begrudgingly saw Tails' attempt. Meh Burger would later be used as a shelter by the villagers when Obliterator Bot tried to attack the Village. Another time, during Knuckles' time as a celebrity, the customers at Meh Burger would awe at the echidna whenever he came by. Meh Burger itself also got to sponsor Knuckles after Dave made him a deal. During a visit to Meh Burger later on, Sonic, Knuckles and Amy left prematurely due to dissatisfaction with the service, leading to their meeting with Perci.
While Team Sonic was hanging out at Meh Burger as usual, Knuckles, having taken up inventing, showed and goaded Tails into competing with him in the Robot Battle Royale despite Tails initially declining. The Archipelago Homeowners Association later held a celebration at Meh Burger when they noticed from a stray Crab Bot that Eggman violated regulations by housing robots. The same evening, Team Sonic was at Meh Burger where they noticed some Badniks were acting strange, prompting them to investigate. As the Fuzzy Puppies craze hit the island, Meh Burger became the meeting place for Fuzzy Puppy fans, in particular Eggman and Amy, where Amy secretly taught Eggman the game. It was also at Meh Burger that the rest of Team Sonic began to notice Amy's secret activities.
Team Sonic later regrouped at Meh Burger after most of them had humiliating defeats at Eggman's hands. Finding it hysterical, Sonic snidely left to face Eggman (only to fare no better). Team Sonic would also come to Meh Burger to horse around after earning the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award, leaving a bad impression on the visitors. Receiving an image specialist, Team Sonic would practice being role models at Meh Burger, although it annoyed the customers. As Knuckles later discussed with his friends at Meh Burger about how he had ruined Charlie's life, Charlie would show up at this establishment, and many times after that, to bully Knuckles with his mech as revenge.
Movie star Tommy Thunder once appeared at Meh Burger to promote his next movie with some Meh Meal toys until Dr. Eggman ruined it. Tommy later treated most of Team Sonic to a meal in Meh Burger's VIP room, whose existence was denied when Team Sonic tried to eat there alone. Meh Burger was later almost hit by a shard from a shattered asteroid, but Sonic showed up in time to deflect it with Amy's Hammer. Sticks would soon after come to Meh Burger to watch the news, only to talk about her frustrations at fluff news with her friends there. After watching more fluff at Meh Burger, Sticks would start her own news podcast which the restaurant's visitors would hear. While out of phase with reality, Sonic would come to Meh Burger looking for his friends but found nobody.
When most of Team Sonic had lunch at Meh Burger, Sonic introduced Mark the Tapir, his biggest fan, to the gang. Though Mark's obsessive behavior unnerved the group, Sonic was (much to his later regret) unconcerned. Team Sonic later had lunch at Meh Burger again, where Sonic and Tails told them of a worrisome bet they had made. When Tails was declared the loser, he had to perform at Meh Burger's karaoke night, where his team watched him. In an attempt to stall an undersea mission, Sonic would have his team order take-out from Meh Burger. Sticks would later tell her team about her encounter with Dreamcaster at Meh Burger, only to be met with skepticism. Another time, several dimwitted Tails copies would pay a couple of visits to Meh Burger, surprising Sonic during one of his own trips there. At Meh Burger during a break, Dave later noticed a Fuzzy Puppy add in the newspaper.
Attempting to become Mrs. Vandersnout's foster grandson, Knuckles came with her to Meh Burger, only to get replaced by Dave. Knuckles later returned with Lady Walrus in an attempt to become her foster daughter, but failed that too. Meanwhile, Team Sonic would watch Knuckles' attempts during their trips to Meh Burger. Coming to Meh Burger under his mech suit's corrupting influence, Sonic would cut in front of several villages while waiting in line. Sonic soon after returned to Meh Burger to buy chili dogs when Eggman called him into battle, although he would return to Meh Burger in time to save the Walrus Baby from a nasty fall. At the brink of starvation, Og would ransack Meh Burger for food. Discovering this robbery, Team Sonic would investigate the restaurant. Finding and befriending Og, Team Sonic had lunch with him at Meh Burger before he left to find a home. Knuckles later got a job at Meh Burger to earn some extra money. One day however, Knuckles tried managing Meh Burger while joining his other job's staff at the restaurant and helping his team fight Eggman, but ended up attacking a customer in his confusion, prompting Dave to fire him. When the Village then experienced a power outage, Meh Burger got affected by the subsequent blackout, prompting Team Sonic, who was at Meh Burger, to investigate.
After getting serviced badly at Meh Burger, Eggman had his robots instated as Meh Burger's staff, which cost Dave his job. As a result of the improvements the robots brought, Mr. Slate held a reopening of Meh Burger. There, Eggman caught Meh Burger and its visitors (most of Team Sonic included) in a force-field and sent the whole site towards space. Thanks to Sticks and Dave though, Meh Burger was brought back to the Village Center. As thanks, Dave was made Meh Burger's manager, with a new robot employee from Tails to manage. Amy and her new pet Bee Bot, Bea, met Amy's team at Meh Burger soon after. The team, however, was far from happy about Amy's pet choice. Having been disqualified at the Science Fair Awards, Eggman went to Meh Burger to mope until he decided to make a robot mother to lean on. Said robot later arranged a playdate between Sonic and Eggman, which Sonic would discuss with Tails about at Meh Burger. Team Sonic soon after spent Meh Burger's plates on their new pet without paying, prompting Dave to stop them. The team subsequently left to check on the Build-it Box when their pet suddenly grew. Getting together for lunch at Meh Burger, Team Sonic learned from Sonic that Steve Eggman had joined their group. While the team disapproved of Sonic inviting Steve without consulting them first, they all soon had to go on a mission.
While Team Sonic was at Meh Burger, Dr. Eggman asked them to help operate his Eggtoberfest's rides. Believing they could keep an eye on Eggman's current scheme that way, Sonic promised they would help.
List of staff
- Dave the Intern (cashier, waiter, fry cook, cleaner, manager)
- One reprogrammed Eggman robot (waiter)
- Knuckles the Echidna (cashier, waiter, fry cook, cleaner; formerly)
- Several Eggman robots (cashier, waiter, fry cook, cleaner; formerly)
- Meh Burger was named by writer Greg Hahn.
- The limited Meh Rib Sandwich sold at Meh Burger is an allusion to the real-life McRib Sandwich sold at McDonalds restaurants for only a limited time each year.
- Despite the frequency of Meh Burger's business, Dave is the only person ever seen working at the restaurant.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Boom #5 introduction page.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “Bill Freiberger: The owner of Meh Burger (and other Village businesses) is Mr. Slate, a reference to Fred’s boss on “The Flintstones.””
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 7.12 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Grenier, Benoit (25 February 2017). "Knine-to-Five Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 68. Boomerang.
- ↑ Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “Alan Denton: At Meh Burger they have a simple policy: Meh.”
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 April 2017). "Nominatus Rising". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 75. Boomerang.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (30 October 2016). Retrieved on 30 October 2016. “Tailooey Fan: The VIP area from Meh Burger exist or no? / Bill Freiberger: Only VIPs know for sure.”
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (11 February 2017). "FiendBot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 66. Boomerang.
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Lieblich, Doug (10 December 2016). "The Biggest Fan". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 57. Boomerang.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (9 May 2015). "Into the Wilderness". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 25. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (12 September 2015). "Fire in a Crowded Workshop". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 43. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- ↑ Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (1 April 2017). "Mombot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 73. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- ↑ Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (25 March 2017). Retrieved on 25 March 2017. “Songya The : Who's idea was it to name it meh burger / Alan Denton: Greg's being modest. It was his name.”