On ASO's Tumblr page, I asked who will be the star of Sonic Universe Online #51-54. The guy who ran the Tumblr page's response is that it would be secret... then he teasingly gave away our star. Well, here we go... our star for Sonic Universe Online #51-54 is none other than...
Of course, you can expect Beauregard Rabbot and Matilda the Armadillo, and the Sand-Blasters as well. Thank y'all Tumblr for giving our next protagonist! I'm so ready now...
P.S. From here on out, I'll be blogging ASO updates for all fans to see. Pass it on.
In actaulity, I never expected Bunnie to have a Universe arc! In fact, I always thought her ultimate fate would be shown within StHO! But it's nice to see our rabbot get some closure to her journey with a Universe arc coming immediately after the Underground epilogue.
Oh, and I'm happy at the fact that I'll see the gang I love to hate- them Sand Blasters- pretty soon!
Here's an unexpected character returning for the Endangered Species re-write!
Probably not, but here's the story: Gae-Na was Lien-Da's right-hand woman. How minor is she? She only appeared in the Ultimate Power back storyline (the arc where Chaos Knuckles dies), and in only 3 issues (115, 117, 118)! After, that she mysteriously vanished.
After Lien-Da became Grandmaster of the Echidna D.E.L., the post for Kommissar became vacant. Who better to take it than Lien-Da's right-hand woman? That's right. Gae-Na is now the new Kommissar of the Echidna Dark Egg Legion!
That's not all. Gae-Na recently gave birth to a child! She wants to raise her newborn, Demi-Na (remember that mention from 25 Years Later?), in a unified Echidna society.
Just like Lien-Da uses electrical whips, Gae-Na uses electric batons in battle. Also, her cybernetic eye has been upgraded for infrared capabilities. Didn't see the picture in the second link? Look at it to see her new appearence!
Expect to see her in ASO #244. Which, in turn, has it's official title! Endangered Species, Part 2... In Captivity! (Love how they still have that naming scheme there.)
If you haven't seen them already, Archie Sonic Online is slowly creating an Articles page- the closest we'll get for a wiki for the fan comic. Each article has a synopsis of each character, a label (think Zelda bosses) for each of them, and artwork for each one as well. So far, the completed articles include:
I discovered that you have joined Archie Sonic Online. AllI have to say? Welcome! I also posted a welcome message on your profile, but I'll post one here, too. I hope that you enjoy what the team at Archie Sonic Online has in store! Catch you later!
1. As you know, ASO will begin with #248- At All Costs: Part 2! It's coming soon, so keep on being patient.
2. Sonic Universe will also have an online webcomic. The team will start with #50. It will negate Shard's fight with Metal Sonic (and spare him from his ambiguous fate) and bring to you the original concept for this milestone- the ending of Sonic Underground!
3. The team is ultimately NOT going to remake the enitre Secret Freedom FIghters arc spanning both comics, as well as Chaotix Quest. It looks like they have plans for Herhsey's ultimate fate, as well as Rob o' the Hedge and his family! However, there will be only ONE story arc remade for ASO...
4. ...and that remake will be Endangered Species! This will be a special 3-part miniseries that will see a brand-new version of the Battle of Albion- one that will undo the Echidna Banishment and the Krudzu attack! In addition, Thrash's plan in this version will NOT be to banish all of the echidnas to the Twilight Cage. Instead, Thrash will have a new plan that will tie heavily into previous plot points! This remake will continue from where #243 left off. And that's all I know. ECHIDNA HYPE!
5. Lost Hedgehog Tales will NOT be used as the basis for the comics. Two reasons why: it's been postponed indefinitely, and it's better off to go a new direction rather then read off of LHT. The element of surprise is a great one!
6. The second issue of Mobius Legends is out! Get a load of THIS!
Oh yeah totally. The slow release of each issue is torture for me, but I do get that guys making it need time. Very good job so far. The story shouldnt delve into too radical ideas, but just enough to keep it creative and fun.
e.g I will facepalm my self so hard if some of the writers or advisors got in over there heads and made Sonic hook up with Amy (its sort of a written rule by both Archie and Sega to keep those 2 apart from going too close, but allowed to tease each other tc.)
Sal and Sonic of course will require some character developement with one another as per usual, but until the mean time, Im stuck with how they are going to de-robo her again after that debacle 2 or 3 years ago. Saving her the same way sonic was way back in Mecha madness? Doubt it? Possibly?
Also, I really really really want to have them bring back Sally's lovely smooth flowing hair from issue 170 something before she had it cut short?
My first issues I read were ones where she had her hair cut short which I thought was what she always looked but once I got ahold of the comics where her hair was what it originally was like: <3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3