Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic at Metal Harbor.
|Appearances and Overview|
|Number of acts||
Metal Harbor is the fourth stage of the Hero story in Sonic Adventure 2. It is playable by Sonic. As the name suggests, the harbor is indeed built of metal, and consists of many shipping yards and aircraft launch sites scattered about.
Sonic the Hedgehog must escape Prison Island after being freed by Amy. G.U.N. is aware that Sonic has escaped, and several bomber planes have been scrambled in an attempt to impede his progress. Sonic also at one point has to hitch a ride with a missile in order to escape.
Unsurprisingly, the construction of the harbor leads to an abundance of rails, all of which can be grinded on. The frantic charge through the harbor eventually culminates in a hectic race up a missile gantry, forcing Sonic to find a spot to latch onto the missile before it launches and destroys the very ground he was standing on. He then jumps off the missile, and goes through a tunnel on a board, gets out of the tunnel, and goes over a loop-de-loop to get to the goal ring. As Sonic races through this zone he encounters many G.U.N. bots trying to stop him, as well as jets.
The upgrade in Metal Harbor is a major level-up item, called the Light Shoes. These allow Sonic to move along a trail of rings at super speed. The player is required have to get this level-up item to complete the game. This move is called Light Speed Dash.
- Big the Cat is seen fishing near the last checkpoint of this stage. This only occurs in the Dreamcast version.
- The missile that Sonic grabs on to has two hold spots but the higher one is a little harder to get to. The easiest way to get the A rank is to grab the higher missile, however, it is possible to get an A rank using the lower way by scoring enough points in the rest of the level.
- In the original soundtrack for Sonic Adventure 2, there is an electric guitar instrumental intro in the BGM. This has also been included in later games that features the BGM as well; however, in the game, it doesn't have this addition.
- The music for this level is unlockable in Sonic Generations.
- Metal Harbor takes place in the same general area as the Weapons Bed stage.