|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this transformation before the Super Genesis Wave, see Metal Overlord (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Metal Overlord is a transformation that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was a form Metal Sonic once attained, after he had evolved into Neo Metal Sonic.
After copying data from the members of Team Sonic, Team Rose, Team Dark, the Chaotix, and Chaos through Froggy and Chocola, Neo Metal Sonic eventually evolved into Metal Overlord in his bid to finally defeat Sonic the Hedgehog and take over the world. Despite his power, he was defeated by Super Sonic and his Chaos Emerald-empowered teammates Knuckles the Echidna and Tails. Sonic remembered this form as simply "that stupid dragon thing" when he later battled Metal Sonic aboard the Wily Egg in the Skull Egg Zone.
- Metal Overlord was first mentioned by name by Knuckles in Sonic Universe #64.
- It has been stated by head writer Ian Flynn that Archie Comics are not allowed to use Metal Overlord in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series at the time being. Flynn also considers Metal Overlord to be one of his least favorite Sonic characters.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #260, "Waves of Change Part One: First Ripples"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #54, "When Worlds Collide Part Eleven: Worst of the Worst"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (7 September 2012). Shard: Precursor to Metal Overlord?. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 6 November 2015.
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sonic-stadium-interview-archie-comics-ian-flynn/