Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Metal Overlord is a transformation mentioned in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was a form Metal Sonic once attained in the reality created by the second Genesis Wave.
After copying data from Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Team Rose, Team Dark, the Chaotix, and Chaos through Froggy and Chocola, Metal Sonic eventually evolved into Metal Overlord in his bid to finally defeat Sonic and take over the world. Despite his power, he was defeated by Super Sonic and his Chaos Emerald-empowered teammates Knuckles and Tails. Sonic remembered this form as simply "that stupid dragon thing" when he later battled Metal Sonic aboard the Wily Egg in the Skull Egg Zone.
- Note: From this point, Metal Overlord's history continues from his new life in the altered timeline.
- It has been stated by head writer Ian Flynn that Archie Comics are not allowed to use Metal Overlord in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series at the time being. Flynn also considers Metal Overlord to be one of his least favorite Sonic characters.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes
- ↑ Sonic Universe #54, "When Worlds Collide Part Eleven: Worst of the Worst"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (7 September 2012). Shard: Precursor to Metal Overlord?. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 6 November 2015.
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sonic-stadium-interview-archie-comics-ian-flynn/