|This character exists primarily within the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
|Miles "Tails" Prower|
Tails as he appears in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
|Alignment and character traits|
Miles Prower, better known by his nickname Tails, is Sonic's young and faithful sidekick who is able to fly by using his two tails as propellers. He is the secondary main character of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
In the episode "Tails' New Home" it is revealed that he was a lost child trying to live with birds, and convinces Sonic to adopt him as a younger brother. It is shown that despite his age, he's good at mechanics. His role model is Sonic and he wishes to run as fast as him. He looks up to Sonic like an older brother. He usually gets kidnapped but sometimes can be the hero of the episode (as in "Tails Tale", and "Tails Prevails") He can pilot an airplane. He (like Sonic) is rivals with Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts and overall Dr. Robotnik.
He is "only 4 and a half years old." Like in the games, his real name is Miles Prower. However, unlike his game counterpart, his fur is brown. Sonic's relationship with Tails is portrayed with varying degrees, mostly acting as brother but also sometimes like a married couple (Tails nagging Sonic about the chores and berating his reluctance to babysit the beaver babies) or parent and child (especially in the Sonic Says segments) with Sonic being more-or-less Tails' legal guardian.
While Tails is indeed useful to Sonic in many situations, he can be a hindrance. Because he is very young and cannot defend himself, he is incredibly susceptible to being kidnapped by Robotnik and used as bait for Sonic. Sonic appears to know of this flaw and does his best to protect him, but his protection methods are often the reason why Tails gets kidnapped in the first place. He also appears to be very gullible, being tricked into being caught. Like Sonic, his favorite food is chili dogs, but apparently Tails likes extra cheese on his. He also hates his real name and doesn't want anyone to know about it, a fact that Sonic occasionally exploits to get him out of danger. However, by the time of the episode "Tails' Tale" he cheerfully introduces himself by his real name to William Le Due.
He looks similar to his game counterpart, but his fur color is burnt orange instead yellow. The main differences are his smaller ears, shorter bangs, smaller muzzle, black eyes and shorter appearance. He has the same two tails, shoes (although they are narrower), and wristbands (blue instead of black).
- Sonic and Captain William Le Due are the only ones who know that Tails' real name is Miles.
- In the episode "Tails' New Home", it is revealed that Tails' family lost him when he was young.
- Tails keeps up with Sonic with flying, whereas usually he runs with his tails propelling behind him.
- His appearance matches that of the Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM).
- In this continuity, Tails has to twist his tails up before they start spinning, meaning that it may took him time to master this unusual ability, as no one had ever seen a two-tailed fox and Tails could not learn from anyone.
- While he said he can't write due to his age in "Slowwww Going", he is seen writing in "Tails Prevails" but he is also seen to be a bad drawer.
- Tails also seems to have special powers in him. For example in "Hedgehog of the hound table" Tails was able to use the emerald of invincibility despite not being king.