Sonic and the Black Knight
Northeastern region of the The Outlands
Misty Lake is the first stage in Sonic and the Black Knight for the Nintendo Wii. The placid waterway is filled with grind-rail vines and no small number of the Arthurian world's ubiquitous long-eared villagers. Ancient palaces sit abandoned inside the chill waters of the lake, reminiscent of Kingdom Valley back on Earth.
Misty Lake is also the long-time resting place of the sacred sword Caliburn.
After his impromptu summoning to the Arthurian world by Merlina the Sorceress, Sonic is teleported away from a preemptive battle with King Arthur to the shores of Misty Lake. The first mission is a tutorial, allowing the player to get the hang of the controls as Merlina instructs Sonic in basic sword-craft. Sonic goes on to retrieve Caliburn the Sword from its resting place overlooking the lake—although the sentient weapon takes an instant dislike to Sonic's "knave-ly" attitude.
After the hedgehog practices wielding Caliburn, King Arthur finally tracks them down. True to Merlina's predictions, Sonic is unable to injure the King as long as he holds the Scabbard of Excalibur. Arthur withdraws, mocking Sonic as "A fool of a knight, not even worth slaying."
Merlina and Caliburn conclude that Sonic must consult with Nimue in order to learn how to defeat the King; but first he must take Caliburn to Camelot Castle in order to repair the sword's dulled blade.
- Special Challenge: Reach the Misty Lake - 100 followers
- Special Challenge: Retrieve the sacred sword - 150 followers
- Special Challenge: Wield the sacred sword - 150 followers
- Defeat the Boss: King Arthur - 150 followers
- Go for the Goal: Reach the goal - 350 followers
- Pass Through the Gate: Reach the goal in time - 250 followers
- Mastery Stage: Only allowed 8 sword swings - 100 followers
|Misty Lake||3:02||Jun Senoue|
- Before Sonic finds Caliburn, he trains with the Clarent, which is just an old rusty sword. But in the Middle-English poem Alliterative Morte Arthure, it is said a sword known as the Clarent is a formal sword, stolen by the evil Mordred, with which Arthur receives his fatal blow. However, sometimes Excalibur and Clarent are considered the same sword.
- The intro drums of the stage's music are similar to the intro drums of Seaside Hill's music.
- Sonic and the Black Knight official SEGA website.