|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Mobian Jungle, also know as the Great Jungle, is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a is a large wilderness area on Northamer.
The Mobian Jungle was chosen by Sir Charles Hedgehog as a place to relocate the prehistoric Mobian Mobie after he was awakened from being frozen. Knothole Village had proven an unsuitable location for him, and Sir Charles felt that the jungle's resemblance to his previous habitat would be more welcoming to him. The jungle was also home to the Gorilla Army, who had spent years fighting Robotnik before his nephew Snively created the Eco-Destroyer in order to destroy the jungle. The jungle was subsequently saved by the efforts of the Knothole Freedom Fighters.
- The Mobian Jungle is known to have produced a psychological fear in Dr. Ivo Robotnik.
- The Mobian Jungle is based on the Great Jungle which first appeared in the episode "Sonic Past Cool" from the Sonic the Hedgehog television series.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "World Map"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Mobie and the Gorilla Army"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #32, "Blast From the Past"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #45, "Guerrilla Thriller"