Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Mobius Strip is set around Babylon Garden enveloped under a dark, scarlet sky. True to its name, the course path is shaped like the figure of the same name along a silver road embedded with turquoise crystal-like placements on the sides and clear road segments along the center.
The "lightless black" is a black hole that will engulf and destroy everything. Sonic, Jet, and friends take a final stand in order to stop it!
In this course, the player is not allowed to control their usage of gravity actions and is unable to perform the Gravity Control at all (due to the lack of an Ark of the Cosmos). This is a very simple track layout with almost no obstacles and only four ramps to build up Gravity Points. There is also a Grind Section and Air Ride catapults for those with the right Extreme Gears to use for more points.
As the players race along the course, Master Core: ABIS will be hovering along the track while staying in front of the leading racer. Depending on the current lap count, he will attempt to attack the racers. During the first lap, he will do nothing, though. The second lap has him shooting energy balls of electricity that riders riding on Bike and Wheel type Extreme Gears can knock back for Gravity Points. The third lap will have him forming large meteors and throwing them onto the track, creating explosions.
Twice per lap, Master Core distorts the gravity such that it causes all racers to automatically use Gravity Dive. Using the lifted crystal-like floor tiles, the player must use Meteor Burst to hit the Master Core: ABIS before their GP Gauge deplete. After hitting it, Master Core will be pushed back and will restore gravity back to normal. If the player's GP Gauge is depleted, the player will helplessly float in mid-air along the course until Master Core: ABIS restores gravity back to normal. Once he has been hit twice in one lap, the next one begins until the designated number of laps has passed and destroys the boss. If a computer-controlled character reaches Master Core: ABIS before the player, he will teleport away without taking damage (and will not count as a completed lap) and deactivate Gravity Dive. The key is to always stay in front of the computer opponents to end the boss fight. In Story Mode, the player must defeat Master Core within five minutes.
When playing Mobius Strip with just one lap in Free Race, Master Core: ABIS will use the meteor attack. When playing this course in Free Race with more than three laps, Master Core: ABIS will alternate between the electric and meteor attacks per lap after the first three laps.
When this course is played in Survival Relay, Master Core: ABIS is entirely absent from the course and the player can perform Gravity Dive but is still unable to perform Gravity Control. Also, there are two changeover areas for the player to swap with another instead of just one seen in the other courses.
|1||Defeat the Master Core: ABIS and reach the goal in under 1:04 minutes!||Jet||
|2||Avoid the Master Core: ABIS's attacks and snag at least 80 Rings!||Wave||
|3||Score at least 24 points by performing very slick tricks!||Storm||
|4||Return at least 4 of the Master Core: ABIS's attacks to sender!||Storm||
|5||Earn 6 points performing meteor bursts before reaching the goal!||Jet||
|6||Use gravity dives to defeat the Master Core ABIS in under 1:04 minutes!||Jet||
|7||Reach the goal with at least 130 gravity points remaining!||Wave||
- A Möbius Strip is a mathematically non-orientable surface. In a technical sense, a Möbius Strip is an object with one side and one edge. Moving along a Möbius Strip, one will pass the same point of the strip twice (once on either side) before returning to the starting point. This makes sense, as the player needs to hit Master Core: ABIS twice per lap to advance to the next lap.
- The track itself is literally shaped like a mobius strip, and the finish line exists on both of its "sides". Its curvature tends to cause the Replay camera to point slightly below the players.
- The player cannot use the Chaos Emerald and The Crazy in this course, most likely due to their Ring-based gameplay mechanics, particularly with using Gravity Actions.
- In Story Mode, Amy is not present in this race, even though she was in the race before it and the cutscene did not give any reason why she wouldn't be in the final race.
- If the player uses a Gear capable of Air Riding, then if they use the Air Ride and stay airborne until Master Core: ABIS has finished activating Gravity Dive, landing back on the course at this point will cause them to charge directly at ABIS at such great speed that they will hit him without even needing to use Meteor Burst.
- A similar trick can be done with using Gears capable of Grinding; if the player jumps off near the end of the rail section and is still airborne when Master Core: ABIS has finished activating Gravity Dive.
- In Mobius Strip's Missions 1 and 6 of Team Babylon's story mode, the music played in the Gravity Dive activation phase is muted although when playing Mobius Strip in the actual Story and Normal Race modes the music is played as normal.