|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- You may be looking for New Mobotropolis. For the version of this location before the Super Genesis Wave, see Robotropolis (Archie).
The capital of the Kingdom of Acorn! Nestled in the Royal Hills Zone, this beautiful city enjoys a perfect balance of modern technology and nature.
— The World of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog #281
Mobotropolis is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a city on Westside Island ruled over by King Acorn. It was taken over by Dr. Eggman when he seized control of the island, but eventually got liberated by the Freedom Fighters under Sonic the Hedgehog. Since then it has returned to its capital status and served as a home for the Freedom Fighters.
Threatened by Eggman
Mobotropolis was built on Westside Island, and eventually came to be ruled by King Acorn. After Dr. Eggman initiated his coup, he took over the city, but left it in its previous condition, something that Rotor saw when he arrived in the city. Years later, the Freedom Fighters would liberate the city from Eggman's clutches and restore King Acorn to the throne. However, his reign would briefly be interrupted when wizard Walter Naugus imprisoned him using technology stolen from Dr. Eggman.
Countdown to Chaos
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the city's original timeline ended.
Fresh from the events of Worlds Collide, Sonic awoke in the middle of the city to discover the place was being attacked by the Tails Doll-which had arrived in pursuit of Naugus-and that he and Tails were already in the process of fighting it. After shaking off his confusion at why everything was different, Sonic successfully disabled the demented doll and kicked it over the horizon.
Later on, the city was on attack again when Metal Sonic was on a mission to kill Sally Acorn. She was also accompanied by Cream, Amy, Bean and Bark (though the latter two escaped because they were wanted criminals), who have just returned from their adventures in the Sol Zone. Sonic later came to the rescue to direct Metal Sonic away from the city, and because he had other urgent matters at hand, Tails, on the Tornado, fired a missile at Metal, though he survived the attack enough to fly back to the Death Egg.
Shattered World Crisis
- Mobotropolis greatly resembles New Mobotropolis.
- Mobotropolis is one of the few elements in the Post-Super Genesis Wave World to retain any reference to the planet's pre-Super Genesis Wave name of Mobius.
- As confirmed by Ian Flynn, in the this timeline, Robotropolis never existed, meaning Mobotropolis is the original version of the city and not a rebuilt version of it.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #281, "The World of Sonic the Hedgehog"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #273, "Worlds Unite Part Three: Clash of the Corrupted"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man X Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Sally–The Exiled Leader"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man X Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Rotor–The Exiled Inventor"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #252, "At All Costs Part 2: A New Lease on Life"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #256, "Countdown to Chaos Finale: The Princess and the Hammer"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"
- ↑ Sonic Lost World "First Play" Charity Marathon - Hour 4. Nyteworks (31 October 2013). Retrieved on 5 July 2015.