Mods (重視 Jūshi?, lit. "Emphasis") are upgrades in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed that change the statistics of a certain character's vehicle. Mods are unlocked by leveling up the characters, with the exception of Console Mods, which are unlocked in World Tour with stars earned from beating missions.
- Standard (White): The basic Mod of the character which comes automatically.
- Balanced (Yellow): A Mod that evenly balances statistics, via removing one point X stat in favor of another (Y). Nearly all other Mods are based off of this Mod's stat distribution.
- Speed (Red): A Mod that increases the maximum speed of the vehicle, but lowers Handling stat in trade.
- Handling (Green): A Mod that increases the handling (turning ability) of the vehicle, but sacrifices some of the Speed stat.
- Acceleration (Blue): A Mod that increases the acceleration (rate of reaching max speed) of the vehicle with lowered Boost stat. Despite there existing the Balanced Mod, these Mods are usually the most well-rounded ones for most vehicles in terms of overall stat distribution.
- Boost (Purple): A Mod that increases the vehicle's overall speed gained from boosting, but lowers Acceleration stat.
- Super (Gold): An enhanced version of another Mod different from the Standard and Console Mods (symbolized by a golden-version-Mod emblem instead of the usual color), and enhances Y stat by 2 points while lowering stat X by the same number as well (or two different stats each by one). Differs for every single character, but the enhanced stat normally applies to the highest one from their Standard Mod.
A majority of Console Mods tend to lower both Acceleration and Handling in favor of maxed out Speed and Boost stats. Some of the mods were named after Sega's past video game consoles.
- Genesis/Mega Drive: A Console Mod used only by Amy, Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal Sonic and Alex Kidd.
- Dreamcast: A Console Mod used only by Shadow, Ulala, Pudding, Vyse, Beat and Gum.
- VIP: A Console Mod used by non-Sega characters Mii, Avatar, Ralph, Danica Patrick and Team Fortress.
- Arcade: A Console Mod used by Aiai, Meemee, Amigo, B.D.Joe, Joe Musashi and Gillus.
- Saturn: A Console Mod used only by NiGHTS and Reala.
- AGES: A Console Mod used exclusively by AGES.
- When using the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod, Amy's statistics resemble the ones in the DS version of the first game.
- Shadow is the only Sonic character to not use the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod.
- For a short time there was an unknown reason, Alex Kidd's Console Mod could not be unlocked in the Wii U version of the game.
- Alex Kidd is the only character to use the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod that is not a Sonic character.
- He also didn't debut on the Genesis either but on the Master System.
- Despite the fact that Amy did not make her game debut and Metal Sonic did not make their debut on the Genesis/Mega Drive, they can use can use the Genesis Mod since they made their debut on the Sega Mega-CD. However, the CD is an add-on to the original Genesis and cannot function independently, implying it is still a part of the Genesis.