Mods are upgrades in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed that change the statistics of a certain character's vehicle. Mods are unlocked by leveling up the characters, with the exception of Console Mods, which are unlocked in World Tour with stars earned from beating missions.
- Standard: The basic Mod of the character which comes automatically.
- Balanced: A Mod that evenly balances statistics.
- Speed: A Mod that increases the maximum speed of the vehicle.
- Handling: A Mod that increases the handling of the vehicle.
- Acceleration: A Mod that increases the acceleration of the vehicle.
- Boost: A Mod that increases the boost power of the vehicle.
- Super: An enhanced version of another Mod that isn't the Standard or the Console Mods; it changes for each character.
- Genesis/Mega Drive: A Console Mod used only by Amy, Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal Sonic and Alex Kidd.
- Dreamcast: A Console Mod used only by Shadow, Ulala, Pudding, Vyse, Beat and Gum.
- VIP: A Console Mod used by non-SEGA characters Mii, Xbox 360 Avatar, Ralph, Danica Patrick and Team Fortress.
- Arcade: A Console Mod used by Aiai, Meemee, Amigo, B.D.Joe, Joe Musashi and Gillus.
- Saturn: A Console Mod used only by NiGHTS and Reala.
- AGES: A Console Mod used exclusively by AGES.
- When using the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod in Transformed, Amy's statistics resemble the ones in the DS version of the first game.
- Shadow is the only Sonic character to not use the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod.
- For a short time there was an unknown reason, Alex Kidd's Console Mod could not be unlocked in the Wii U version of the game.
- Alex Kidd is the only character to use the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod that is not a Sonic character.
- He also didn't debut on the Genesis either but on the Master System.
- Despite the fact that Amy did not make her game debut and Metal Sonic did not make their debut on the Genesis/Mega Drive they can use can use the Genesis Mod since they made their debut on the Sega Mega-CD. However, the CD is an add-on to the original Genesis and cannot function independently, implying it is still a part of the Genesis.