Mods are upgrades to a character's vehicle in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed that change the statistics of the vehicle. Mods are unlocked by leveling up the characters, with the exception of Console Mods, which are unlocked in World Tour with stars earned from beating missions.
- Standard: The basic Mod of the character which comes automatically.
- Balanced: A Mod that evenly balances statistics.
- Speed: A Mod that increases the maximum speed of the vehicle.
- Handling: A Mod that increases the handling of the vehicle.
- Acceleration: A Mod that increases the acceleration of the vehicle.
- Boost: A Mod that increases the boost power of the vehicle.
- Super: An enhanced version of another Mod that isn't the Standard or the Console Mods; it changes for each character.
- Genesis/Mega Drive: A Console Mod used only by Amy, Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Alex Kidd.
- Dreamcast: A Console Mod used only by Shadow, Ulala, Pudding, Vyse, Beat, and Gum.
- VIP: A Console Mod used by non-SEGA characters Mii, Xbox 360 Avatar, Ralph, Danica Patrick and Team Fortress.
- Arcade: A Console Mod used by Aiai, Meemee, Amigo, B.D.Joe, Joe Musashi, and Gillus.
- Saturn: A Console Mod used only by NiGHTS and Reala.
- AGES: A Console Mod used exclusively by AGES.
- When using the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod in Transformed, Amy's statistics resemble the ones in the DS version of the first game.
- Shadow is the only Sonic character to not use the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod.
- For an unknown reason, Alex Kidd's Console Mod cannot be unlocked in the Wii U version of this game as of yet. A patch to fix this has yet to be released.
- Alex Kidd is the only character to use the Genesis/Mega Drive Mod that is not a Sonic character.
- Despite the fact that Amy and Metal Sonic can use the Genesis Mod, they did not make their debut on that console. They made their debut on the Sega Mega-CD. However, the CD is an add-on to the original Genesis, and cannot function independently, implying it is still a part of the Genesis.