|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
An anthropomorphic marmoset monkey, Monkey Boy is half a head shorter than Sticks the Badger. He has black fur, blue eyes, and tan skin around his face and ears. He also has white bushy eyebrows and belly, and streaks of white fur on top of his head and his cheeks (the former resembles a mohawk and the latter resemble sideburns). His most noticeable feature is his white-tipped tail which is shaped like a "W". For attire, he wears a pair of glasses with bamboo frames on his forehead, a bronze bracelet near the base of his left arm, white gloves and green boots with green cuffs.
Born to a pair of hippies, Monkey-Boy was given his hyphenated last name by his parents, which was considered trendy at the time. While his brother pursued a carrier in dermatology, Monkey-Boy became a curse-breaker. However, because his unique characteristics fit the legends, people kept bothering him to break the "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose", forcing Monkey-Boy to retire.
One day, Team Sonic arrived at his home to break the "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose." Monkey-Boy refused until Sticks the Badger begged him into complying and gave them "tasks" to prove their worthiness, which involved making guacamole and doing his laundry. Meanwhile, Eggman came to make Monkey-Boy work for him, only to sic his badniks on him when he refused. As Team Sonic returned, Monkey-Boy made a deal: he would remove the curse if the team got rid of Eggman. Once the team fulfilled their part of the bargain, Monkey-Boy nonchalantly broke the curse.
Monkey-Boy is grumpy, short-tempered, openly sarcastic and somewhat insular. Being constantly bothered by nincompoops seeking him to break curses has left him with a deep resentment for his former profession. He thus prefers to stay away from his former job and treats clients who coax him out of retirement with an indifferent and nonchalant attitude. He comes off as somewhat annoying and ungrateful, constantly complaining and criticizing others, even after being saved from mortal peril. However, he is not unreasonable, as he was ultimately grateful to Team Sonic for saving his life and kept his promise to remove their curse despite the mess they caused.
Powers and abilities
- "But I am out of the curse-breaking business!"
- —Monkey-Boy refusing to help, "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose"
- "Why did I become a curse-breaker? I should have been a dermatologist like my brother. He never has to deal with anything unpleasant."
- —Monkey-Boy reflecting on his life-choice, "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose"
- "Hey! You left my clothes on the ground! Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Ugh."
- —Monkey-Boy complaining to Team Sonic as they are saving him, "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose"
- Monkey-Boy is the only curse-removing marmoset around.
- Monkey-Boy's house uses the same model as the house seen in "Eggman Unplugged" which Dr. Eggman temporarily lived in.