|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The mother of Dave the Intern, Dave's mom left her husband early on and eventually found a new boyfriend (who would pester Dave). Some sources hint that Dave's mom contributed to a poor home life which would drive her son to villainy. Admiring villains herself, Dave's mom pestered her son to become a proper villain, only for Dave to continuously disappoint her with his incompetence and worthless alliances.
One day, after forcing Dave out to be a villain, Dave's mom bought her son a new pajamas to try out, thus humiliating him during a TV recording. After she later heard and threatened someone else in her basement, her house came down on top of her. When Dave admitted he did it, however, she was proud of him for his terrible behavior.
Dave's mom is very belittling, overbearing and has little patience, which is shown in her harsh treatment of her son. She is equally very scary as both Sonic and Dr. Eggman cowered in fear of her wrath.
Dave's mom has very twisted morals and preferences. She openly encourages her son to follow the path of villainy and clearly admires villains, going as far as to show pride at Dave when he proved his maliciousness by destroying her house, even through it meant getting herself buried under its ruins.
Dave the Intern
Dave the Intern is her son, whom she consistently pushes to become a villain. Despite Dave's age, she is very overbearing with him and treats him like a child. Fundamentally, Dave's mom only wants Dave to become a successful villain. Because of Dave's incompetence and her own high standards however, he often ended up being a disappointment to her, prompting her to nag Dave about doing better and following others' examples. Eventually though, she acknowledged Dave as a villain with pride after he destroyed their house.
Lightning Bolt Society
Like many others, Dave's mom thinks the Lightning Bolt Society's members are a bunch of losers. She especially forbids Dave from hanging out with them as she does not consider them a bad enough influence on him.
- Dave's mom has never been seen in person in the Sonic Boom television series, nor are there any plans let her appear in person, as stated by Bill Freiberger.
- Dave's mom is similar to Howard's mother from The Big Bang Theory.
- Dave asks his mom every day about what his father was like.
- ↑ Sonic Boom Commentaries Uncut: Ep 37 Post-Show - "Reid It And Weep". YouTube. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “John Guerra: So we know Dave's Mother is around but what is his Father like? / Alan Denton: That's the same question Dave asks him mom every day.”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “Bill Freiberger: Maybe Dave was driven to villainy because he doesn’t have the best home life.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (1 August 2015). Retrieved on 3 August 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Dave's mom is very scary. Don't mess with her”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (20 March 2017). Retrieved on 20 March 2017. “Bill Freiberger: We won't ever see Dave's Mom. We just hear her.”