|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The appearance of Dave's mom is unknown. What has been revealed is that she has a very hairy back.
The mother of Dave the Intern, Dave's mom left her husband early on and eventually found a new boyfriend (who would pester Dave). Some sources hint that Dave's mom contributed to a poor home life which would drive her son to villainy. Admiring villains herself, Dave's mom pestered her son to become a proper villain, only for Dave to continuously disappoint her with his incompetence and worthless alliances.
One day, after forcing Dave out to be a villain, Dave's mom brought her son a new pajamas to try out while Dave was making a video recording. Later, she heard someone else in her basement and threatened them into leaving. No sooner, her house came down on top of her. When Dave admitted that he did it, however, she became proud of him for his terrible behavior.
Wanting her back shaved, Dave's mom reserved a weekend with her son so he could help her with this lengthy task. When rumors about Dr. Eggman not being a real doctor then began circling around, Dave's mom helped spread them. Weeks later, she would argue with Dave over the mess he made in the microwave while he had his study group over.
Dave's mom is very belittling, overbearing and has little patience, which is shown in her harsh treatment of her son. She is equally very scary as both Sonic and Dr. Eggman cowered in fear of her wrath.
Dave's mom has very twisted morals and preferences. She openly encourages her son to follow the path of villainy and clearly admires villains, going as far as to show pride at Dave when he proved his maliciousness by destroying her house, even through it meant getting herself buried under its ruins.
Dave the Intern
Dave the Intern is her son, whom she consistently pushes to become a proper villain. Despite Dave's age, she is very overbearing with him. Overall, she treats him like a child and demands that he listens to her unconditionally. However, she usually only gets nothing but Dave's rebellious teenage sass in return.
Fundamentally, Dave's mom just wants Dave to become a successful villain. Because of Dave's incompetence and her own high standards however, he often ended up being a disappointment to her, prompting her to nag Dave about doing better and follow others villains' examples. Eventually though, she would acknowledge Dave as a villain with pride after he destroyed their house.
Lightning Bolt Society
Like many others, Dave's mom thinks the Lightning Bolt Society's members are a bunch of losers. She especially forbids Dave from hanging out with them as she does not consider them a bad enough influence on him.
- Dave's mom has never been seen in person in the Sonic Boom television series, nor are there any plans let her appear in person, as stated by Bill Freiberger.
- Dave's mom is similar to Howard's mother from The Big Bang Theory.
- Dave asks his mom every day about what his father was like.
- ↑ Sonic Boom Commentaries Uncut: Ep 37 Post-Show - "Reid It And Weep". YouTube. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “John Guerra: So we know Dave's Mother is around but what is his Father like? / Alan Denton: That's the same question Dave asks him mom every day.”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- ↑ Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “Bill Freiberger: Maybe Dave was driven to villainy because he doesn’t have the best home life.”
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (1 August 2015). Retrieved on 3 August 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Dave's mom is very scary. Don't mess with her”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (20 March 2017). Retrieved on 20 March 2017. “Bill Freiberger: We won't ever see Dave's Mom. We just hear her.”