|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
I suppose you want a refund. I'll just get your money. I keep it in a place called... TOUGH LUCK, LOSERS!
— Mrs. Vandersnout, "Chili Dog Day Afternoon"
Mrs. Vandersnout is a character who appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. She is an anthropomorphic wolf and a shady elderly widow who lives in Hedgehog Village. She is also a member of the Village Council.
Mrs. Vandersnout is an anthropomorphic wolf of average height. She has grey fur, blue eyes, a grey stripe of hair on the back of her head, and a long pale peach muzzle with a black snout and noticeable fangs. She also has a thick tail with a grey tip and two triangular ears on top of her head. Out of her two ears, her right one is flapped over. Her attire consists of a purple dress with light purple stripes and a white collar. She also wears a golden pendant, white gloves, beige socks, red shoes, a pair of pince-nez glasses, and a white hair bun cover around her hair which is tied up by a purple ribbon. She is also often hunched slightly over and is usually seen with a cane.
In the comics, Mrs. Vandersnout has brown fur and eyes, her dress is blue and yellow, her skin is much more peach, her hair is completely white, her hair ribbon is yellow, and her footwear is white and blue.
Mrs. Vandersnout was once married to a male wolf who loved taking old-timey photos in a kiosk at the mall. However, he would pass away under unknown circumstances.
While in the Village Center, Mrs. Vandersnout got caught in a meteor shower coming down from above. Fortunately for her, Sticks averted the crisis. Later, she would chat around the Village Center where she saw Orbot and Cubot's horrendous street act (much to her dismay), and come to see a show at T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders. Another time, Mrs. Vandersnout tried tasting some tomato sauce Dr. Eggman was selling. However, she was stopped by Sonic who thought the sauce was poisoned until Eggman proved it was safe (although it was still part of an evil scheme).
On a trip to another village, Mrs. Vandersnout met Sonic, whom she slowed down on his way to the library by randomly telling him about the time she got a free soda with money she had found. While Mrs. Vandersnout continued visiting Meh Burger, she eventually got involved in the Battle of the Buns between Chez Amy and Meh Burger. Over the next period, Mrs. Vandersnout regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Mrs. Vandersnout later saw the arrival of Swifty the Shrew, whose hip attitude immediately captivated her. After Shifty got Sonic legally banished from the Village however, she learned that Swifty was a robot working for Eggman. As multiple Swiftys tore the Village apart, Mrs. Vandersnout regrouped with the Village Council and brought Sonic back, who in turn got rid of Eggman's army.
As the annual Chili Dog Cook-Off arrived, Mrs. Vandersnout tried selling regular chili peppers, which she claimed to be unique, to the participants (while stopping at Meh Burger). However, her scam was found out by Team Sonic and her attempts to evade refunds failed badly. Mrs. Vandersnout later came to Knuckles while he served as deputy major and had him approve a bill of her own. However, she soon noticed the chaos unfolding in the Village due to Knuckles' reckless usage of power. Later back at Meh Burger, Mrs. Vandersnout overheard Sonic calling Mike the Ox "just a guy." Thinking Sonic was being insensitive, she kept reprimanding him alongside an angry mob of fellow-minded villagers until he retired. As the Lightning Bolt Society began to harass her and the villagers though, Mrs. Vandersnout tried to get Sonic's help, but was turned down. She was soon after nearly trampled by a sheep stampede, but was saved by Sonic who then took care of the Lightning Bolts, the sheep and an Eggman attack, and Mrs. Vandersnout realized she had been wrong about Sonic. No sooner though, she was insulted by Willy Walrus.
On New Year's even, Mrs. Vandersnout showed up to the party in the Village Center. There, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though Mrs. Vandersnout did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast for her to notice. When the Justin Beaver fever later hit the Village, Mrs. Vandersnout became a mindless Justin fan girl and consumer thanks to Justin's mind control music. After spending her money on Justin's merchandise and autograph, she came to Justin's concert where he and Dreamboat Express had a sing-off. There, Mrs. Vandersnout was freed from the mind control by Dreamboat Express, now Dude-itude. Mrs. Vandersnout later returned to the Village Center where she to her amusement saw Tails do a dance.
Mrs. Vandersnout later came to an audition for Bro-Down Showdown with Mayor Fink. However, they were rejected by Dixon who found them "too old." Regardless, Mrs. Vandersnout remained for a while to see the show live. Another time, Mrs. Vandersnout followed Comedy Chimp's fan signing and photo shooting, during which Knuckles began a trash can trend. She would thus subsequently shower the echidna with admiration and adoration during his time of fame. Joining an angry mob at the town hall when Sonic was thought to be a thief, Mrs. Vandersnout suggested they took care of Sonic with poisoned cookies, but realized they did not wish to kill him. There, Knuckles promised them to find Sonic. Later though, Mrs. Vandersnout saw Sonic and his allies return the stolen goods and prove Eggman was the culprit. Some time after, Mrs. Vandersnout came to the Robot Battle Royale, where she saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypnobot at the end.
While a heatwave hit Seaside Island, Mrs. Vandersnout coped with the heat by chatting at Meh Burger. She later attended Puppy Con, where she saw Dave the Intern being innocently arrested for causing a rockslide, which was actually caused by Eggman as a set-up. No sooner, Mrs. Vandersnout and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's new Obliterator Bot. Thankfully for them, Team Sonic stopped the robot, earning the heroes the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. On her next visit in the Village Center, Mrs. Vandersnout watched Knuckles and the new villain Charlie battle, with Knuckles emerging as the victor.
Coming to Tommy Thunder's latest movie promotion, Mrs. Vandersnout thanked the movie star for his films' support when she was ill. Although she fled when Eggman attacked, she came back to hail Team Sonic's victory over Eggman. Hearing later that an asteroid would impact the earth, Mrs. Vandersnout showed up to buy a spot in Eggman's bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Although she did not get a spot, Team Sonic would stop the asteroid.
Later, Mrs. Vandersnout saw the opening of the new scissor factory before coming to Sticks' interviews after she got a popular TV news gig. As Sticks admitted she had sold herself out to the media though, Mrs. Vandersnout felt Sticks had betrayed her, but was then inspired by the repentant Sticks to "fight the power." Mrs. Vandersnout and the villagers thus began a random revolt before getting calmed and directed into destroying Eggman's latest device when he showed it. Mrs. Vandersnout later went to the post office, where she had to deal with Mark the Tapir's impudence while waiting in line. While subtly hypnotized by Dreamcaster's TV broadcasts, Mrs. Vandersnout angrily faced Sticks when she disturbed her with her unlikely story about Dreamcaster on TV. Mrs. Vandersnout soon after became Dr. Eggman's zombie slave, who had her and the hypnotized villagers build a world-controlling satellite. She would later attack Sticks when she came to the rescue, but was freed when Team Sonic foiled Eggman's plan.
When Tails made a Village defense against Eggman, Mrs. Vandersnout would praise the fox at his trophy ceremony until Eggman arrived through a hole in the defense. With Tails' defense backfiring while Eggman was stopped, Mrs. Vandersnout would scorn Tails afterward before resuming her daily life. On another occasion, Mrs. Vandersnout visited Dr. Eggman's job fair, but declined his job offer at Eggman Industries. Meeting Knuckles, who was looking for a foster family, at her house, Mrs. Vandersnout took the echidna in as her houseboy and to have him drag her around. After a trip to Meh Burger, however, Mrs. Vandersnout deemed Knuckles too sassy for her taste and replaced him with Dave the Intern. Sometime later, Mrs. Vandersnout was out getting her groceries, only to run away when the Froglodytes invaded the Village.
Mrs. Vandersnout would eventually come to an edition of the Comedy Chimp Show, where she lost the show's give-away prize to Knuckles. Learning later that their village was named after Sticks' evil ancestor, Jebediah Badger, Mrs. Vandersnout began scorning Sticks. As a vote between Amy and Eggman's propositions for a new town name then came underway, the wolf got enticed by Eggman's campaign. After voting at the referendum, which Eggman used to get elected as Village leader, Mrs. Vandersnout visited the library before watching Eggman attempt to destroy the Village. As Sticks helped her team stop Eggman's plan and remove him from power however, Mrs. Vandersnout found peace with Sticks again. Mrs. Vandersnout also showed up at Mr. Slate's unveiling of the Fregosi Sapphire, but ran away when Eggman appeared to steal the gemstone. Not long after, she took a trip to the movies. When Tails later seemingly proved Muckfoot's existence with a photo, Mrs. Vandersnout would praise Tails as a hero and take part in the ensuring Muckfoot Mania. However, she would scorn Tails when the fox showed that his "Muckfoot" was just Knuckles covered in mud.
Following a trip to the beach, Mrs. Vandersnout overheard the Fennec Shopkeeper blame Knuckles for robbing his store. She soon after had to run for her life when Eggman's robots attacked the Village Center. Mrs. Vandersnout later found herself in danger again when several widabits came running through town. Fortunately, she was carried to safety by Tails. Shortly afterward, Eggman's malware-infected robots went on an unparalleled blitzkrieg in the Village, during which Mrs. Vandersnout got attacked by a Crab Bot (on TV no less) until Sonic saved her. As the attack continued, Mrs. Vandersnout would help Team Sonic and the villagers fight the robots after hearing an inspirational speech from Knuckles. Regardless, she skipped out on the subsequent cleanup of the town after the robots withdrew. Mrs. Vandersnout returned afterward to roaming around the Village Center and stopping by Meh Burger. When Team Sonic did not appear to stop Eggman's newest attack on the Village though, she sought answers from the local Village officials.
After seeing the Lightning Bowler Society beat the Pin Dashers, Mrs. Vandersnout became a fan of the former. She thus came to the Lightning Bowlers' next public appearances as the team rose to stardom. She later observed the Chameleon's solo career after visiting the Comedy Chimp Show on a separate occasion. When local gossip then revealed that Dr. Eggman was no doctor, Mrs. Vandersnout began seeing him as a joke. She thus joined the villagers in mocking Eggman during the scientist's next trip to the Village, although Eggman did earn his doctorate later on. A while afterward, Mrs. Vandersnout got pulled into an anti-gravity field by Cubot, who was now crazy and able to control gravity, when he came through town. As Mrs. Vandersnout was about to be saved by Team Sonic though, Cubot began taking her to space. While Mrs. Vandersnout was brought down to earth again by Sonic and Tails before she died from asphyxia, she nearly got crushed by the increased gravity eminating from Cubot's gravity device. Thankfully, she was saved when Knuckles smashed the device. Mrs. Vandersnout later went to Meh Burger before seeing a soccer match between Team Sonic and Team Cybonic that would decide the closed rec center's fate. When Team Sonic won, Mayor Fink declared that the rec center would be reopened at the cost of the library, much to Mrs. Vandersnout's joy. After that, Mrs. Vandersnout went to Meh Burger again.
While in the Village Center, Mrs. Vandersnout was offered aid to cross a street by Dr. Eggman. Suspecting the doctor was up to no good, she kept beating him with her cane. Nonetheless, she attended Eggman's Eggtoberfest soon after. When Mrs. Vandersnout noticed the rides were not working though, she joined an angry mob who made Eggman fix the issues. While Mrs. Vandersnout went back to the festival, Eggman grew vengeful over the villagers' dislike of him and set his army loose on them, only for Team Sonic to stop said army.
A senior citizen, Mrs. Vandersnout is usually easy-going, and her interests include playing mahjong and writing angry letters to the newspaper. She does not have much tolerance for disrespectful demeanors though, and cannot stand the riffraff. When faced with someone she does not like in particular, she gets very defensive and tends to hiss at them. She also displays the typical sleeping habits of an elderly, meaning she wakes up early and goes to sleep early.
Mrs. Vandersnout normally appears as an innocent, mild-mannered and polite old lady. Beneath this surface however, she is a dishonest, immoral and money-grubbing person who has no issue about pulling off scams to earn a profit. She has even shown a cruel side to her, having once casually suggested to kill Sonic with poison, and has used a whip to motivate her houseboys. When her shady side is exposed, she tends to fall back on her soft-spoken and sympathetic elderly behavior. She does recognize that her actions are not morally correct though, having admitted that she deserves the punishments she gets.
Mrs. Vandersnout likes to talk about the past but comes off as absentminded, if not a little senile, as she did not recall not telling Sonic her old stories after just meeting him.
- "I used the money to buy a soda, so it was like the soda was free."
- —Mrs. Vandersnout slipping into a senile tale about when she found some money, "Late Fees".
- "Oh. Heh, I am so embarrassed. Have a cookie."
- —Mrs. Vandersnout after giving a suggestion to kill Sonic, "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog".
- Although Mrs. Vandersnout does not like soda, she wishes she did.
- Mrs. Vandersnout claims to make famous cookies.
- Mrs. Vandersnout keeps her furniture wrapped in plastic.
- Mrs. Vandersnout has a stuffed cat as a pet.
- Mrs. Vandersnout has her own birdfeeder which birds regularly die in.
- Originally, Mrs. Vandersnout was not given an official name for the Sonic Boom television series, and was only referred as "Mrs. Vandersnout" among the TV series' staff. The TV staff's name for her was later made official in "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?"
- Mrs. Vandersnout was first heard talking clearly in "Late Fees".
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (5 December 2015). Retrieved on 5 December 2015. “Bill Freiberger: @VOColleen is the voice of Mrs Vandersnout.”
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (2 October 2015). Retrieved on 1 December 2015. “the sonic rebel fan: dose the old lady wolf have a name or just called old wolf lady ? / Bill Freiberger: We like to call her Mrs. Vandersnout.”
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (10 December 2016). "The Biggest Fan". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 57. Boomerang.
- ↑ Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (25 February 2017). "Knine-to-Five Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 68. Boomerang.
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (1 April 2017). "Mombot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 73. Boomerang.
- ↑ Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (3 June 2017). "Flea-ing From Trouble". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 82. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (29 July 2017). "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 90. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (5 August 2017). "Victory". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 91. Boomerang.
- ↑ Stanley, Evan (12 August 2017). "Three Men And My Baby!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 92. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"