Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Museum of Arty Art is a location that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. It is an art gallery in the Eldorado Zone. Its curator is stuffy, middle-aged bear with half-moon glasses and wild, grey hair. The museum also has an aardvark security guard/cleaner.
Loot the Treasure Seeker stole several priceless pieces of art from the museum by using his invisibility. He sneaked inside the museum invisible during opening hours, obscured the security cameras with a sock, stole the artworks at night, then left when the curator opened up the following morning. After the Bronze Monkey was stolen, the curator contacted private detective Harry Mole and then, when Harry was also unable to solve the crime, Tails. The following night they locked up the museum, but were surprised when Loot the Treasure Seeker appeared inside. Loot stole the Golden Handshake statue, then became invisible again. Believing that he had the power to teleport, the heroes rushed outside, inadvertantly letting Loot out. Nevertheless, Tails eventually realised Loot's trick. Loot was apprehended and the museum's exibits returned.
The Museum of Arty Art contains numerous parodies of famous, real world paitings. These include:
- Le Rêve by Pablo Picasso, featuring a female brown bear in a red dress instead of Marie-Thérèse Walter;
- Whaaam! by Roy Lichtenstein, featuring Shortfuse the Cybernik instead of a plane;
- The Scream by Edvard Munch, featuring a pig as the screamer;
- A print with multiple faces of Amy Rose, coloured blue on a yellow background, in the style of Andy Warhol's coloured Marilyn Monroe prints;
- Whistler's Mother by James McNeill Whistler, featuring a wading bird instead of Anna McNeill Whistler;
- Peter getting out of Nick's pool by David Hockney, featuring a turtle in place of Peter Schlesinger; and
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci, featuring a duck in place of Lisa del Giocondo.
Other paintings in the museum include a portrait of a dog in a coolie hat, some landscapes, the cover of Sonic the Comic #1, an abstract portrait of Sonic the Hedgehog formed of coloured geometrical shapes, a painting of fast food (burgers and a soda) on a beach, and an obscured painting in the style of Salvador Dalí's The Persistence of Memory.
In addition to paintings, the museum features several statues, including the Bronze Monkey and Golden Handshake, as well as a stone statue of Doctor Robotnik in the pose of Auguste Rodin's The Thinker.
- Museum of Arty Art at the Sonic the Comic Wiki