|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Mushroom Hill Zone is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a Zone on Angel Island with vast hills and a plethora of Brobdingnagian Fungi (giant mushrooms).
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
After Sonic and Tails made Dr. Eggman's Death Egg crash land on Angel Island for a second time, Sonic and Tails passed through Mushroom Hill Zone during their mission to destroy the Death Egg for good. Knuckles later passed through Mushroom Hill Zone in pursuit of a fleeing Eggbot controlled by Dr. Julian Snively, Dr. Eggman's assistant, after multiple encounters on the island.
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Mushroom Hill Zone's original timeline ended.
Eclipse the Darkling appeared in the Mushroom Hill Zone after crash landing on Angel Island, a result of the destruction of the New Black Comet. After detecting the strange energy readings at the Launch Base Zone, Relic the Pika and Fixit went to investigate, only to discover a strange black and red plant growing from the ground, unknowing that Eclipse was watching them from the shadows.
Eclipse later passed through the zone with his Dark Arms, who were carrying the stolen Master Emerald, in an attempt to reach a shuttle in Launch Base Zone that Team Dark had used. Along the way, he encountered traps that Rouge the Bat had activated in an attempt to slow him down until Knuckles the Echidna and Shadow the Hedgehog could reach him.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Universe #64, "The Great Chaos Caper Part Two: The Usual Suspects"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic Universe #70, "Total Eclipse Final: Last Resort"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #62, "Shadow Fall Part Four: A Matter of Survival"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #65, "The Great Chaos Caper Part Three: Chip of the Ol' Emerald!"