|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Mystic Ruins (ミスティックルーイン Misutikku Rūin?, lit. "Mystic Ruin") is a location that appears in the anime series Sonic X. Originally existing in Sonic's world, the Mystic Ruins, for a brief period of time, was relocated to Earth thanks to the effects of Chaos Control.
Generations ago, the Knuckles Clan lived and thrived in this location. However, after the majority of the clan were wiped out by Chaos when they incurred the creature's wrath, the area was gradually abandoned, eventually being overgrown by the nearby plant life.
Chaos Emerald Saga
After being teleported to Earth, the Mystic Ruins became a popular tourist attraction to the human population over the next six months. It was also where Eggman first learned of the existence of Chaos and where Sonic learned of Perfect Chaos, both having learned through the stone tablets that had been left behind by the Knuckles Clan.
During the Chaos incident, Sonic and Knuckles were shown visions of the Mystic Ruins' past by Tikal and the Master Emerald's shards, and what exactly led to Chaos' anger and the destruction of the Knuckles Clan. Being the hiding place of the Final Egg, Sonic briefly visited the Mystic Ruins when giving chase to Eggman from the Egg Carrier. In what was supposed to be their final battle, Sonic caused the destruction of the Final Egg.
When it was revealed that the presence from everything from Sonic's world were threatening to freeze time, the Mystic Ruins and all else not native to Earth were sent back to their home world using a machine Tails and Chuck Thorndyke created.
- The Mystic Ruins is based on the location from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Masake, Hiro (12 October 2003). "A Chaotic Day". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 28.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (23 October 2004). "Flood Fight". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 32.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Miki, Koji (27 March 2004). "Countdown to Chaos". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 26.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Masake, Hiro (18 September 2004). "Pure Chaos". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 27.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Masake, Hiro (16 October 2004). "Revenge of the Robot". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 31.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (2 October 2004). "A Robot Rebels". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 29.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (19 March 2005). "Running Out of Time". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 50.