|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Needlenose is a character that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. It is a mosquito-based Badnik variant created by Dr. Ivo Robotnik. It is described as one of Robotnik's more advanced Badnik models.
A number of unique Needlenoses stationed in the Palmtree Panic Zone later met B.A.R.F. who had come upon ordered to bring them and the local Badniks to the Green Hill Zone. Despite being against it, the Needlenoses and the Badniks complied to the relocation. When they arrived though, they refused to share a Zone with the local outdated Badniks, so they began wiping them out. However, the Needlenoses and their fellow Badniks were brought back in line by a group of super-Badniks, dubbed the Seven Badniks. B.A.R.F. then took them back to Palmtree Panic Zone to attack Freedom Fighters, only to be destroyed swiftly.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Comic #59, "The Seven Badniks, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #12, "Hidden Danger!"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #60, "The Seven Badniks, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #61, "The Seven Badniks, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #62, "The Seven Badniks, Part 4"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #131, "Shady Characters, Part 1"