|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Nephthys is a female mobian vulture (specifically, she is based from the Egyptian vulture) whose uniform is white and black with a yellow zipper line in the middle. Her pants are black, along with her wrist cuffs. Nephthys also has a white cape that has yellow shoulder pads that hook on her shoulders. She has white feathers with black tips. She possesses a yellow mask that covers her cyberized face, colored gray. Her lower beak is colored black and her eyes are purple.
Nephthys was a close friend of the Desert Raiders. Under the threat of the Eggman Empire, she joined the Egg Army to keep the people safe from Dr. Eggman, but still keep control over the region for the doctor. The Desert Raiders followed on part, acting as the opposition to the Midesta Egg Army to give the people hope, but secretly trying to keep balance with the Egg Army for Nephthys.
Shattered World Crisis
During the Shattered World Crisis, Nephthys and her Midesta Egg Army kidnapped resident Guardian of the Gaia Keys Ehsan and held him hostage at her base. During one night, Nephthys cornered four of the Freedom Fighters–Sonic the Werehog, Antoine D'Coolette, Big the Cat, Chip–and the Desert Raiders when they tried infiltrating her base to rescue Ehsan. However, as part of their plan with Nephthys, the Desert Raiders lured each member into a trap, with Nephthys and her Egg Army cornering Sonic. The two engaged in battle, during which Nephthys tried to convince Sonic to stop trying to beat Eggman. She reasons that their feuds will lead to Eggman escalating the combat and to stop trying rather than risk Eggman going drastic. However, Sonic points out that he could just as well beat Eggman and have Eggman eventually stop trying rather than give up or let the world be destroyed. While the others rescued Ehsan, Sonic managed to disable the Egg Boss and regroup with the others. Following the battle, Nephthys recuperated from her brawl and contacted the Desert Raiders over her failure in the mission, but assures them that they can still salvage the power balance in Midesta.
While in contact with her friends, Nephthys was called in by Eggman to team up with the other Egg Bosses to battle the forces under Walter and Wendy Naugus, who had occupied Eggman's facility of Eggman Land. She was paired with Maw the Thylacine to shut down the Badnik command signal, but was ambushed by several crystallized Badniks. She later observed the rise of the Shamar's Gaia Temple.
Keeping with the Egg Boss aesthetic, Nephthys appears serious and territorial towards her enemies with the intent of regional domination. In truth, she is a motherly, compassionate soul who believes Eggman to be unstoppable; to provoke him is to doom everyone else. She is protective towards her friends and innocents, willing becoming an Egg Boss to keep Eggman from taking over by perpetuating an eternal stalemate with the Desert Raiders. Nephthys is also modest and takes full responsibility for complications that arise, even when in the face of Eggman himself.
Powers and abilities
Nephthys is capable of gliding with the use of her cape. She can use this as an advantage when battling grounded opponents for aerial strikes and evasion.
- Nephthys is named after the Egyptian goddess Nephthys, the sister of Isis and associate of Set, the god of the underworld. Nephthys was in particular known to take on the appearance of a bird.
- ↑ Aleah Baker (7 February 2016). Lea's Unimportant Farewell to BK Q&A!. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 8 February 2016.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #279, "Letter from the Editor"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Sonic the Hedgehog #279, "Face of the Enemy Part Two: Friends in Deed"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (18 November 2015). Species. Retrieved on 18 November 2015. “Ian Flynn: Specifically, Nephthys is an Egyptian Vulture.”
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #278, "Face of the Enemy Part One: Friends in Need"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #83, "Eggman's Dozens Part One: Hostile Takeover"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #85, "Eggman's Dozen Part Three: Team Management"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic in the Sky Part Two: Falling Into Place"