|Nimue, Lady of the Lake|
Nimue, Lady of the Lake
Sonic and the Black Knight (First and only appearance)
|Also known as||
90 cm (2'11")
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Nimue (ニミュエ Nimyue?), more frequently referred to by her title as the Lady of the Lake (湖の貴婦人 Mizūmi no kifujin?), is the alternate reality doppelgänger of Amy Rose from the world of Camelot, who appears in Sonic and the Black Knight. She is a skilled enchantress, and former guardian of the sacred sword Excalibur.
At Merlina's behest, Sonic and Caliburn journey to Nimue's home in Deep Woods in their quest to determine how to blunt the power of Excalibur's scabbard. Sonic is predictably unnerved by the Lady's resemblance of Amy Rose, but Caliburn remonstrates the hedgehog and they enter the laketop pavilion. During a conversation with her, Sonic seems to flirt with Nimue, and she seems noticeably startled.Nimue blames herself in part for the present state of the Grand Kingdom, as she was the one who initially gave Excalibur to King Arthur, only for the power of the scabbard to corrupt the once-noble King. She agrees to help Sonic only if he can prove himself a true and honorable knight who will not be similarly bewitched, and assigns the hedgehog three tasks to demonstrate his chivalry.
After Sonic has completed the first task, liberating King Arthur's prisoners in Camelot Castle, Nimue magically disguises herself as a distraught child whose fellow villagers have been kidnapped by a dragon. The hedgehog's heroism in saving the Arthurian folk convinces the Lady of Sonic's just intentions, and she tells Sonic how to negate the scabbard's power using the sacred swords wielded by the Knights of the Round Table.
- In the King Arthur/Holy Grail legend, Nimue is the adopted mother of Sir Lancelot.
- She is also noted to be the one who created Arondight out of stars and gave it to Lancelot.
- Unlike the other Arthurian-reality-versions of Sonic's companions, Nimue is not playable in Sonic and the Black Knight's multiplayer mode (although Amy Rose is playable).
- In Arthurian legend, it is noted that she goes by many names, mainly Nimue, Niniane, Vivienne, and Vivien. (The last two are a different character in newer retellings of the legend.)
- Nimue is the only character in the game who isn't like her counterpart in terms of personality.
- Nimue is the only character whose outfit color doesn't match her counterpart's.
|Secret Rings||Sonic (Darkspine) • Shahra • Erazor (Alf-Layla-wa-Layla) • Ali Baba / Tails • Sinbad / Knuckles • Shahryar / Eggman • Uhu • Solomon • Captain Bemoth • Ifrit Golem • Amy • Shadow • Silver • Blaze • Omochao • Big|
|Black Knight||Sonic (Excalibur) • Merlina (Dark Queen) / Merlin • Black Knight • Excalibur / Caliburn • Nimue / Amy • Blacksmith / Tails • Gawain / Knuckles • Lancelot / Shadow • Percival / Blaze • Galahad / Silver • Lamorak / Jet|