|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Early models of the Wii were backward-compatible with all Nintendo GameCube games and accessories. However in late 2011, a reconfigured version of the Nintendo Wii, the "Wii Family Edition" was released. This version removed the Nintendo GameCube compatibility. The same thing applies with the Wii Mini.
List of Sonic games on Wii
- Sonic and the Secret Rings (2007)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (2007)
- SEGA Superstars Tennis (2008)
- Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (2008)
- Sonic Unleashed (2008)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)
- Sonic and the Black Knight (2009)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (2009)
- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (2010)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I (2010)
- Sonic Colors (2010)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (2011)
The Virtual Console (often abbreviated as VC) is a section of the Wii Shop Channel that offers titles released on past consoles. Several Sonic the Hedgehog games were released on this service. The Wii was the first console to offer this service, with the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U later adopting the service.
List of Sonic games on Virtual Console
Sega Mega Drive (SEGA Genesis)
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Sonic 3D Blast
- Sonic Spinball
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
A smaller, redesigned model called the Wii Mini is released on 2 December 2013 in Canada, 15 March 2013 in Europe and on 17 November 2013 in the US. Unlike the Wii, it lacks internet connection, Nintendo GameCube backward capabilities, has only one USB Port and some features. The Wii Mini will be sold for at least US/CA$99.99.
Box Art Gallery
Box art for all Sonic the Hedgehog games released on the Wii.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I is the only Sonic game to be released as WiiWare, as its sequel, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II was released on other consoles and not to the Wii due to the WiiWare's hardware constraints.
- According to Yojiro Ogawa, a port of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was originally going to be released on the Wii. However, due to the differences in hardware, Sonic & the Secret Rings was made instead.
- ↑ http://www.geek.com/games/nintendos-new-wii-console-drops-gamecube-compatibility-bundles-more-games-1413513/
- ↑ 
- ↑ [www.engadget.com/2013/10/20/nintendo-stops-selling-wii-consoles-in-japan/]
- ↑ [www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/ONIEEqvK1pbPyTbW2lWO6QnPUiqqvuuI]
- ↑ [www.gamespot.com/articles/99-wii-mini-confirmed-for-u-s/1100-6415943/]
- ↑ Nintendo Power March 2007
|Apple (IOS)||IPod | Mac|
|Microsoft||Xbox | Xbox 360 | Windows Phone|
|Nintendo||3DS | DS | Game Boy Advance | Gamecube | Wii | Wii U|
|Sega||32X | Coleco Sonic | Dreamcast | Game Gear | Master System | Mega-CD | Mega Drive/Genesis | Mobile | Pico | Saturn | Sonic Cafe|
|Sony||PlayStation 2 | PlayStation 3 | PlayStation Portable | PlayStation Vita|
|Other||Android | Game.com | Neo Geo Pocket Color | Ouya | PC | Steam|