|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Northern Tundra is a harsh, icy polar region that includes the frozen North Sea. While home to many, the Walrus Herd makes up the largest population. The area has been repeatedly threatened by Doctor Robotnik and Doctor Eggman and the Eggman Empire; multiple bases and factories had been established in the tundra as well as a chapter of the Dark Egg Legion. However, the region is protected by the Arctic Freedom Fighters, who have been aided by the Knothole Freedom Fighters and others in protecting their homeland.
The Northern Tundra has been a center of conflict that far predates either of the Robotnik Wars, due to the continuous territorial struggle between the Walrus Herd and the orcas, which Grandmaster Akhlut has said to be "as old as the tides." Other tribes, apparently uninvolved with this ancient rivalry, include the peoples of the Arctic Freedom Fighters. It is also the region where Team Fighters went to rescue Mecha Sally before the second Genesis Wave swept across Mobius.
- It is questionable to whether this would be considered a "continent" since it is based off the North Pole which is a landmass of ice and is not considered a real continent.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #31, "Tundra Road Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #32, "Tundra Road Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #85, "Home & Back"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #109, "I Heard It Through the Pipeline"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #215, "Family Matters Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #216, "Family Matters Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Arctic Freedom Fighters"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #247, "At All Costs Part One: Fate Interrupted"